Juice Cleanse - just thinking about doing it for a jump start

Options
I am thinking about doing a 3-day Juice Cleanse, just to jump start me back in the right direction. Life has been a bit crazy lately, and I have fallen back into some bad habits... and the lbs are finding their way back too!

Have any of you done a juice cleanse? The ready-made ones look convenient, however fairly expensive. What did you try, what was your experience like?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Free cleanse. Take 4 cups warm water, lemon, juice, and 4 tbsp of epson salts. You will cleanse and cleanse.... and then cleanse some more. No, don't do that, but what you would be cleansing if you did is what a "juice" cleanse is worth.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    I did a 7 day juice fast at a yoga retreat center. While I enjoyed the experience, it didn't jump start anything. I would not have been able to do it at home.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I agree with @cwolfman13. You already have biology, psychology, and environment working against you for long term weight loss. Why complicate an already tough thing? All kidding aside. K.I.S.S. Small, longterm, sustainable changes add up. If you do not believe me about the challenges of long term weight loss, read this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5764193/
    It's a paper by Dr. Dr. Kevin Hall. NIH obesity researchers. Shout out to Kevin Hall and his crew up in Bethesda for trying to help us obese and overweight in recovery.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    There is a juice cleanse company that advertises on my local radio stations, and many of the radio djs 'endorse' the product and talk about doing cleanses each month. It used to be just in Jan/Feb (when everyone jumps on the lose-weight-bandwagon) but this year they have continued. I change the station when they come on.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    All these sort of cleanses do is give you diahhroea and short term water weight loss.

Do not do any cleanses unless for medical reason - eg colonoscopy prep.

otherwise - No.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Why not try a well balanced healthy week 'cleanse'. Whole foods -no starvation - lots of fresh healthy stuff...not a crazy/unbalanced approach. Cut out the stuff you know that make you feel like crap.

Sometimes a 'jump start' does help inspire a sustainable/healthier approach to a better lifestyle/diet. Getting excited about 'new' is fun!

Good luck - do your homework - set your goals and have fun! Good for you:)