Round Britain Walk!

Options
Okay, that was MASSIVELY misleading!
As a big bloke with arthritis, going out walking any distance is a bit awkward and painful. So, for my "Round Britain Walk" I will be using Leslie Sansome's walking videos to clock up the mileage in my own home.
I may even start a blog thingy to chart my progress.
It's not the same as getting out there and walking but if things go bad for my knees while doing this then I will still be at home if I should require help!
My "Odyssey" will begin on Saturday 27th July.

Replies

• cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    To clarify. As I rack up the mileage I will be marking my progress on a map of the UK. My intention is to start on Plymouth Hoe and using the coastal roads to make my way around the UK to finish on Plymouth Hoe.....
    It will take a looooong time.
  • CrazyMaMa05
    CrazyMaMa05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an awesome idea. I think I would be more comfortable walking at home as well. I would be interested in following your progress. If you wanted another friend on here to cheer you on feel free to add me.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea, I love it!

Are you using an online map or a physical one?
  • cpnknight
    Options
    That's a great idea, I love it!

Are you using an online map or a physical one?

I will be using an online map. I am hoping to put a screenshot of my progress into a blog (if I can figure out how to post a photo).
  • cpnknight
    Options
    Day one.
    Starting on Plymouth Hoe following the red dots...
    hhl5lh4o1d0k.png
  • cpnknight
    Options
    Day two.
    Walking past Cattedown Wharves on my way to Laira Bridge.
    yb95ti8gdcq1.png
  • cpnknight
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I ran into an issue with the walking impacting my knees. I now have an elliptical trainer so hopefully that issue is sorted!
    Day three...
    The virtual walk has crossed the Laira Bridge and is making its way towards Oreston in Plymouth.
    3 miles done.

2tdm4zvvrjle.png

• cpnknight
    Options
    Today we clocked up a two mile elliptical run to take our total to 5 miles.
    Starting at our last point in Oreston we pushed on past Hooe Lake (my boat is moored near the yellow dot) and on through Mountbatten to join the coastal path. We finished todays run along side the Staddon Heights Golf Club.

drgusl8u4u2y.png
  • letsdothisej
    letsdothisej Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love this idea :) will enjoy following your progress!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I love this! How are you feeling? Are your walks getting easier as you progress?
  • cpnknight
    Options
    I love this idea :) will enjoy following your progress!

Glad to have you along for the journey
    I love this! How are you feeling? Are your walks getting easier as you progress?

Welcome to the "journey".
    The muscles are not happy at the moment but that should change over time and hopefully my progress will accelerate...
  • cpnknight
    Options
    Another two miles logged today!
    This takes the virtual tour to the limit of being able to see Plymouth. Tomorrow we will go around the Wembury headland and lose sight of my home city until the circumnavigation of the UK is complete!

d6bvg2zafzet.png