Cooking with Protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Also you can make popsicles out of protein powder concoctions.
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »
    Just make sure the protein powder actually tastes good in the first place. Extra protein isn't worth it if the addition doesn't taste good.

Exactly. It actually took me a while to get used to protein drinks & took me a while to get used to protein powder & definitely depends on what im mixing it with.

I bought a new peanut butter that has Extra protein In it. Im guessing they use protein powder. I was excited 11g of protein per serving. I tried it and I was so disappointed. Its a solid hell no from me. Its so gritty, feels like im being robbed of my creamy delicious peanut butter.

But this week I have been experimenting and been finding different ways to use my powder.
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    6ncvgo2coyzc.jpeg

Another protein powder use! These were good! More of a chewy granola bar texture, def not a cookie. Baked at 350 for 10min.

But these were tasty and smelled great. They yielded 12 and based on my calculations they were 55cal each. 9g carbs. 3g protein and 4g sugar.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Baking with protein powder can be tricky. Things tend to burn or get very brown so you might want to lower the oven temperature and cut the time.

Yes. I often add a scoop or two of unflavored whey into my bread mixes to boost the protein load - they always brown faster than normal doughs, so I need to balance a shorter bake time, temp and fully cooking the loaf.