Finally had a whoosh!

Options
After being in a deficit from 2nd May till now I’ve finally dropped a massive 4 lbs after my weight seemed to have stalled. wuy6tq5v1ps3.png
I also had three weeks of those in maintenance as highlighted: 4cbxu6qvos5o.jpeg
And this is the red that I drew myself to show that I was. Exactly. On. Target. Even though it didn’t look like it all: nuzuco154zz4.jpeg
In 17 weeks I’ve gone from 160 lbs to 151 lbs. That’s 9/17= 0.52 lbs! Exactly on target. Wow it’s definitely been an eye opener for me to Trust. The. Process! My deficit has been all over the place but my calculations have been accurate. I guessed my TDEE to be 2250/2300 calories. My average calories have 2005. Add on 250 and that’s 2255! Those are my maintenance calories! Just exactly what I guessed! I’m so glad that I didn’t cut my calories a week ago when I was frustrated and the scale hadn’t moved in 6-7 weeks. My body knew what it was doing. If I had cut calories then, then I would’ve crashed and then binged. I’m writing this to help and motivate anyone else in the same situation as me when you only have 10-15 lbs to lose. There is hope and trust the process. Oh and I have PCOS and it hasn’t slowed me down at all. I’ve visibly lost fat over my body too and I feel so much more confident!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear! Thanks for updating. This sounds very similar to what happens to me from time to time. Keep up the great work :)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Not to put a downer on your weight loss, but almost all of my whooshes have been followed by a slight uptick, not all the way back to pre woosh, but I would an increase in the scale over the next couple days.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Not to put a downer on your weight loss, but almost all of my whooshes have been followed by a slight uptick, not all the way back to pre woosh, but I would an increase in the scale over the next couple days.

That’s okay, it’s just normal fluctuations. As long as the trend is going downwards. That’s why I’ve got this app!
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That's great news as it really did seem like your guestimating was resulting you actually eating at maintenance rather than in a deficit. Given that most of us initially want / expect weight loss to be instantaneous if we believe we're in a deficit, it's always far easier to believe everyone saying "give it six weeks" when you actually see some results.