Started weight loss journey in January...but only gained weight? Help please??

I am a 19 y/o female, 5'5, and currently 127 lbs. For the past 3 years, I had maintained my weight at around 110 lbs, but college made me gain weight. I hit 120 this January (gained 10 lbs in the span of 4 months) and simply wanted to lose that last 10 pounds.

From January to the end of February I started eating at 1200 calories hoping that would do the trick. I even added some body weight resistance training (The first time in years I actually took up an exercise routine). After those two months, I was at 129 lbs.

From March to April I completely cut out all junk food and drank only water and clean, organic food. I started exercising 1-2 hours a day, every day (mainly body weight resistance training). I also only ate one meal a day for these two months. (23 hour fasting every day). The scale dropped to 120, but my period was extremely late and my weight loss began to stall.

From April through May I started increasing my calories by eating two meals a day in hopes to regulate my period, and maybe start up my weight loss again. I exercised the same (about 1-2 hours a day) and only ate clean food and drank water. I still used intermittent fasting, but now 16:8 instead of a 23 hour fast. I got my period back, but the scale went back to 125.

Throughout June and July the only idea I had left was to change up my exercise routine. I started jogging every single morning (anywhere from 2-4 miles). My diet stayed the same, but I shot up to 129 pounds. I still fast every day.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? I've never been so frustrated in my life. I've even been debating just stopping eating and going on a water fast for a few days as my body won't respond to anything I have been doing.

Replies

• rachaelzel
    rachaelzel Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you for the advice. I'm not really looking to recomp right now though, last time I tried I went up a few dress sizes because the muscle grew without getting rid of any fat (even though I was dieting and hitting correct macros in hopes of getting rid of the fat) so I just looked bigger overall. I'm trying to fit in some smaller clothes, so if possible I would like to get rid of fat and then start building muscle once I'm lean.