my recipe embedding one reciepe into another

Options
luxrex5600
luxrex5600 Posts: 1 Member
Is it possible to embed one created recipe into another ? For simple example: I have one recipe which I call omelette base, which included not only the eggs, but the oil/butter required to cook it. I then have a multi omelette recipes which would use this base, to complete the overall recipe.
This is simple example, and currently I just add my base omelette recipe to my diary, and add the other items separately, But for example I use a curry base gravy which I make in bulk, and the use for an array of different curries. Or base verde sauce with I the add different proteins to.

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    The straight answer is 'no'. However, I did read a suggestion at some point about creating an entry in the database that you could then select. Go to search for your entry (which won't be in the database). Click all the relevant buttons and links to create an entry because what you're looking for isn't there. Save, and then use that within your recipe of choice. Of course every time your base changes, you'd have to update the nutrient info of the database entry too, but the concept would work.