2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cpow0405 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I take a lot of supplements. Not for weight loss though, for overall health.

I take a multi to fill any holes in my diet. I take vitamin D because I know I don't get out a lot. It is the most common deficiency in my country. I take Fish Oil because I don't eat fish almost at all. I take Magnesium because it helps with my anxiety and mood. It is the second most common deficiency in the US. I take Vitamin C and E because I've seen studies that it helps pale people manage the sun better. I'm trying it. C is also good for immunity. I am trying Ashwagandha for anxiety and mood. The jury is still out. I take calcium because a lot of women don't get enough. I have to take this at a different time than the magnesium. I take probiotics because I had C.diff in February and I'm working to keep my gut health in a proactive state.

I told my husband though, I'd drop the D if I got 30 minutes of sun exposure each day, I'd drop the fish oil if I ate fish at least twice a week, but I don't, etc.

Thank you for your response. I'm thinking about trying some of the vitamins you mentioned due to not eating alot of calories.

How tall are you, how many pounds away from your goal weight are you, and how many calories are you eating per day?

I'm 5'4", 30 pounds away from goal and I'm getting between 1,000 - 1,300 cals a day and lots of water! I exercise Monday-Friday.

What is your typical weekly weight loss rate? How many grams of protein are you eating? What is your exercise routine?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Only thing they slim is your bank account...
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take iron and vitamin B supplements because I'm deficient in both. I also take a daily multivitamin because it can't hurt. I don't take any weight loss supplements, I think they're generally overpriced and don't do what they're supposed to.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I am going to look into the Quest - I need to up my protein but have been too hesitant to buy and try protein powders on my own (and to ask specifically would lead to several opinions and options, I am sure!)

How do you plan to use the powder? To make a thick smoothie, or just shake in coffee? Quest and PEScience are best for making a thicker shake, but I like the flavor of the combat cookies and cream in my iced coffee(I just shake it with ice). I actually emailed Quest and asked for samples and they sent me several single pouches to try before I ordered a regular tub.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I am going to look into the Quest - I need to up my protein but have been too hesitant to buy and try protein powders on my own (and to ask specifically would lead to several opinions and options, I am sure!)

How do you plan to use the powder? To make a thick smoothie, or just shake in coffee? Quest and PEScience are best for making a thicker shake, but I like the flavor of the combat cookies and cream in my iced coffee(I just shake it with ice). I actually emailed Quest and asked for samples and they sent me several single pouches to try before I ordered a regular tub.

I don’t really drink much coffee so it will be more of a smoothie/almond milk mix. The samples is a great idea, I will have to check into that!
  • cpow0405
    cpow0405 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I take a multi to fill any holes in my diet. I take vitamin D because I know I don't get out a lot. It is the most common deficiency in my country. I take Fish Oil because I don't eat fish almost at all. I take Magnesium because it helps with my anxiety and mood. It is the second most common deficiency in the US. I take Vitamin C and E because I've seen studies that it helps pale people manage the sun better. I'm trying it. C is also good for immunity. I am trying Ashwagandha for anxiety and mood. The jury is still out. I take calcium because a lot of women don't get enough. I have to take this at a different time than the magnesium. I take probiotics because I had C.diff in February and I'm working to keep my gut health in a proactive state.

I told my husband though, I'd drop the D if I got 30 minutes of sun exposure each day, I'd drop the fish oil if I ate fish at least twice a week, but I don't, etc.

Thank you for your response. I'm thinking about trying some of the vitamins you mentioned due to not eating alot of calories.

How tall are you, how many pounds away from your goal weight are you, and how many calories are you eating per day?

I'm 5'4", 30 pounds away from goal and I'm getting between 1,000 - 1,300 cals a day and lots of water! I exercise Monday-Friday.

What is your typical weekly weight loss rate? How many grams of protein are you eating? What is your exercise routine?

I lose about one pound a week, give or take. I'm getting plenty of protein. I eats eggs, chicken and yogurt everyday. For exercise I jog 30 mins on my treadmill everyday. I lost 120lbs in eight months on my own back in 2017-2018. I've put on about 30lbs during lock down, just trying to knock those extra pounds off.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I lose about one pound a week, give or take. I'm getting plenty of protein. I eats eggs, chicken and yogurt everyday. For exercise I jog 30 mins on my treadmill everyday. I lost 120lbs in eight months on my own back in 2017-2018. I've put on about 30lbs during lock down, just trying to knock those extra pounds off.

At 1 lb a week, you are in a good range. I would recommend incorporating some resistance training as part of your regime. From a body composition/look, its going to yield much better results than just running. It also helps preserve muscle mass and supports a strong body.
  • cpow0405
    cpow0405 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

At 1 lb a week, you are in a good range. I would recommend incorporating some resistance training as part of your regime. From a body composition/look, its going to yield much better results than just running. It also helps preserve muscle mass and supports a strong body.

I've been wanting incorporate some kind of resistance training. I need to purchase 3 or 5lbs dumbbells and maybe do some situps, planks etc.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I've been wanting incorporate some kind of resistance training. I need to purchase 3 or 5lbs dumbbells and maybe do some situps, planks etc.

You can look into some body weight programs. There is AthleanX Zero program, You are your own gym, or Convict Conditioning. They are great starts until you can get into the gym.