100 calorie snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I should be up front and honest with you all. I am the kind of person who sees a white claw mango that is 100 calories and gets excited enough to give up eating to enjoy it after a long day at work. Something about the buzz is far more rewarding than eating.

While I'd never encourage someone to short-cut nutritional basics (protein, healthy fats, veggie/fruit servings) to do it, I personally think it's fine to fit something like that in, once the nutritional bases are covered.

Yes, alcohol is not good for a person health-wise, so maybe not all the time. But alcohol calories are just calories, from a weight loss perspective. If the buzz doesn't lower your inhibitions and make you over-eat, having one of those sometimes should be fine.

Others will disagree with this opinion, because, yes, technically alcohol is poison. Imma have some sometimes anyway. ;)

ETA:

I guess I should add some more on-point nutrition-dense suggestions, not just be an aging party girl. I like crispy chickpeas (these are easy to make at home, but also available commercially), and dry-roasted soybeans. Enlightened brand crispy broadbeans are good, but they are a little more pricey. I enjoy individual string cheese (2% milkfat), and Greek yogurt (I usual do mix-it-myself with nonfat Greek yogurt, peanut butter powder, and frozen berries). You can eat quite a lot of home-popped seasoned popcorn (from kernels, not the pre-oiled microwave kind) for 100 calories.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop has these pre-packaged little popcorn snacks that are 100 calories each. I've been know to keep those in my desk from time to time to help curb some hunger in the afternoon or to just get some extra calories on days when I need to get to goal without opening Pandora's Box of food!

Also like the Balanced Breaks by Sargento. Nuts, cheese, and dried fruit, I think they are about 180 calories each. Very good!
  • gabriellayang314
    gabriellayang314 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bue tuna at costco and just mix it up with eggs, oats, and whatever vegetable on hand. Fry them up in a pan and they come out like tuna nuggets (and some spices might make them taste less fishy). A few of them will be about 100. I also eat fage 0% mixed in with a bit of peanut butter- it’s more than a 100 calories buts it’s really filling- and paired with green apples it makes a good high fiber breakfast.
  • gabriellayang314
    gabriellayang314 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    But everything in bulk if you can- makes it less expensive- not Uber cheap, but better than buying the stuff at Lunardis or something.