Close to goal weight

Options
hi
So as the title says im 5lbs off my goal weight i have 1660kcal a day set my goal weight lose as 0.5lbs activity as light i walk 20k steps a day and do 3 HiiT workouts a week
How do i keep going for the last 5lbs then lean towards maintaining as i want to lean out a bit more
Thanks

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are actually losing at 0.5lbs a week then simply carry on until you get to your weight maintenance range.

Unless you are accounting for your steps in some other way lightly active is way too low for 20,000 steps.
    (But having said that if you are losing on track don't change, results trump estimates.)
  • natashasomerville87
    natashasomerville87 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So im losing approx 1lb a week rather than 0.5 so should i increase my activity level?
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No you shouldn’t increase your activity level, but you could increase your caloric intake so you’re weight loss slows down to 0.5 a week. It depends if you want to reach your goal weight sooner, or be able to eat more calories a day. If you want to lean out still I think upping your calories and adding strength training if you’re not doing that already would be the way to go.
  • natashasomerville87
    Options
    Yeah i do one or 2 weight sessions a week which is tough as im feeling hungry just now its tougher the closer i get
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    So im losing approx 1lb a week rather than 0.5 so should i increase my activity level?

Yes - because a more accurate activity setting it will result in raising your calorie goal.

And if you aren't logging and eating back your exercise calories now is a good time to start. Support your workouts and recovery from the workout by eating appropriately to maximise the benefits from doing the work. Your body is trying to tell you something!
    "Yeah i do one or 2 weight sessions a week which is tough as im feeling hungry just now its tougher the closer i get."

The combination of those two actions you want to be in the region of an increase 250cals/day or 1,750cals/week.
  • natashasomerville87
    Options
    Ok i will up my activity to active hopefully that will help the last few pounds thanks