Back to College: The results from friends

Options
So, I started my weight loss, and lifestyle change, journey back in May. The middle of May to be exact. I was 250 something pounds, and completely out of shape. My goal was to lose 30 by the summer. I did that. Plus more! I was more excited to see what the response would be when I got back to school for my third year of college.

I think it's funny how the people I'm somewhat closer with didn't say anything, and didn't even care. The people I encountered in classes who were merely acquaintances over time, as well as my first year roommate, told me "Wow you look amazing!", "What did you do?!?!?", "Girl, you be lookin' fab", "Oh my god, look how much you lost!".

Still feels weird to hear compliments. I won't let 30 pounds boost my ego entirely, though. I'm gonna keep going! I thought I would just share with you how happy I am at school. I love being a size 14 (fitting loosely even now) versus a size 18-20. I don't have the large muffin top anymore. I wear skirts with confidence. I can run/jog. I can wake up early, and not feel like crap.

Thank you everyone at MFP for helping me fight the good fight.

Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am smiling for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am smiling for you.:flowerforyou:
  • nikkijean8
    nikkijean8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! Great weight loss and great attitude! Keep in mind though, sometimes people will refrain from complimenting you because they don't want you to think that they thought you were fat previously. Basically, they're trying not to hurt your feelings. I know that sounds screwy, but I am guilty of that myself sometimes because I overthink it. Just keep up the great work!!!
  • khursh8
    khursh8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post on the boards, but I have to say, you're amazing! I'm so glad you feel great about yourself :) I'm a college student too, and you're my inspiration for working at it, even in college when life is so stressful and so unorganized. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    FABULOUS job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dutchess48
    Options
    I understand how you feel about your friends. When I lose weight I notice that the people around me , mainly my family don't react the way i expected. The problem is for them you fit into a certain role and when you change yourself you change how they have to see you. Some people can handle this some can't. All you can do is work hard and in the end those who don't support you may need to find a new friend. Trust me losing weight changes everything not just for you but for everybody around you. When you lose the weight you'll need everyone around you to be supportive so you can keep it off, don't hurt your progress by worrying about others. Good Luck and so proud of you!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! :D Im in college too and nobody has noticed my weightloss (I haven't gone back to school yet), including myself xD
    I think maybe when you are used to seeing someone, you don't notice the changes overtime as they are gradual :)

Like when I see my friends from high school (we've been out 2-5 years depending on grade), I still think they look the same...XD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!