No results in 5 months...should I give up?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how tall this young person is. Becoming an adult can mean we need to carry a few more pounds than we did when we were 15 years old for one thing a young lady could be taller necessitating a higher weight. Young women can grow until they are 18 possibly older. Young men can grow till they are 21 on average. Being overly physical can reduce one's ability to loose weight in some circumstances our bodies are complicated things. If you continue to have problems loosing weight please check the BMI charts for guidance then may be see a doctor to discuss your concerns.

Take care of yourself.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    In another post she stated 5'5".
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I'm wondering how tall this young person is. Becoming an adult can mean we need to carry a few more pounds than we did when we were 15 years old for one thing a young lady could be taller necessitating a higher weight. Young women can grow until they are 18 possibly older. Young men can grow till they are 21 on average. Being overly physical can reduce one's ability to loose weight in some circumstances our bodies are complicated things. If you continue to have problems loosing weight please check the BMI charts for guidance then may be see a doctor to discuss your concerns.

Take care of yourself.

• ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's sounds very frustrating.

Have you had an annual physical? If not, book an appointment for one and ask your doctor to check your thyroid function.

Our son has something called Hashimoto's disease, which is a failing thyroid. He's only 18 (we learned of this when he was 14), and it seemed that nothing that he did enabled him to lose weight. He went on thyroid medication, and his weight dropped 30 lbs.

IF your test results come back as normal, then you need to really work the math on your weight loss journey.

Weigh all your food and record it meticulously.

Wear a fitness tracker to track your cardio burn daily.

If you don't have a lot to lose (and 10 to 15 lbs is not a lot to lose), I might take you as much as a year to lose that weight in a way that is healthy and sustainable.

Finally, I don't recall your age, but something to think about is how much social media gives us a distorted image of beauty. We see women who are genetically created to be extremely lean, who are then airbrushed to look perfect, and who expend the majority of their waking hours working on looking a certain way.

You may want to think about shifting your ideal to strong rather than skinny.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,640 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hmmm. Something that is always automatically assumed to have been handled by the OP... missing period.... peeing on a stick?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Something that is always automatically assumed to have been handled by the OP... missing period.... peeing on a stick?

I guarantee her missing period is due to severely restricting intake when she is already at the bottom of a healthy weight.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure she said when she went thru a period of eating more it came back in one of her other threads
  • party_lots99
    party_lots99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OP. Please go to a doctor. You sound very close to having an eating disorder and it’s concerning. You’ve made multiple posts all saying the same thing. You are not overweight and are actually losing more will place you in the underweight category. You are restricting calories and exercising a lot. Your period is starting to stop. This isn’t good and isn’t healthy. I’m imploring you to
    Please seek help from a doctor about your issues surrounding your body and your weight.