Vegetarians with open diaries- please add

Options
I’m a few days in on a vegetarian lifestyle (ovo-lacto since I’m still eating dairy and occasional eggs for now) Also taking the flexitarian approach to allow family a cheat meal with meat on Saturdays in order to help them transition better.

Ive gotten a lot of vegetarian inspiration from blogs, groups, and recipe books, but still feeling a bit out of element since meat is all I’ve ever known

If you are a vegetarian with an open diary please feel free to add me as it would be very helpful to get a good idea of what other vegetarians eat throughout the day. My dairy is open as well.

Thanks!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Maybe you realize we're already MFP friends, but maybe not because I'm kind of cr@p and not very active on that front (sorry!). However, just want to remind you - if you care - that my diary is open to friends, and I've been ovo-lacto veg for 46 years, almost to the day. If you're still in the loss process, we're maybe at different calorie levels, because I'm in maintenance.

I don't eat many eggs, but do eat a lot of dairy . . . however, there are a quite a few of either fully plant-based meals, or meals where omitting a dairy component wouldn't make a material difference to palatability, though obviously it could reduce the protein level a bit, depending on what it is. Most of my meals - nearly all, in the time of coronavirus ;) - are homemade mostly from scratch.

If you have questions or I can help in some way, I'm pretty good about answering posts/comments on my profile page, or answering PMs.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Same as Ann above, you’re already on my friends list and my diary is open to friends.

Also, like Ann, I’m rubbish at connecting via the home feed but you’re totally welcome to snoop at my diary anytime you wish! Or drop me a message. I do generally respond to direct communication (unless it’s one of those men who have snuck on to the list and aren’t interested in what I’m eating, if you catch my drift...😂. Those are shown the door, swiftly, might I add!).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, and I don't log...but I do make a few meatless meals. I can share a few pics and recipes if interested.
    This one is shirataki noodle with kale and tofu
    7rjqa3mf0apl.jpg
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    This one is cauliflower lentil stew
    z9f5o977bdjl.jpg
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I also do roasted cauliflower, roasted poblano with onions, your choice of beans, Spanish rice or corn on the cob, avocado, and maybe some pico with a slice of lemon or lime.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I’m not strictly vegetarian but eat meat about 2-3x a week. My diary is open, feel free to add :) there’s lots of beans in my meal planning.
  • broccolini992
    broccolini992 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I added you! Fellow veggie with an open diary :smile:
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, vegetarian just back on mfp after a long break