stuck at a 18lbs loss

I started Nov 2019 tracked all intake, lost 20 lbs but I've now plateau'd or stuck at 207+/- my target is 185. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated. I've cut back cheese, milk, bread, pasta, potatoes, fried foods. I pat/squeeze all the grease from all lean beef, choose lean beef. no blue cheese/ranch dressing use vinegar and evoo instead. eat so much fresh kale, fresh lemon and organic apple cider I fart fireballs

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Your diary is closed. Can't comment.
  • tfayew60
    tfayew60 Posts: 3 Member
    I had a similar problem mikebxb; was stuck for a VERY long time after losing 20; cut a lot of things from my diet as well; moved toward more fresh foods, etc. My health insurance offered a free-to-me weight loss program which I joined. I have now seen a downward trend after 1) going back to the basics and 2) learning that if you have a "routine," your body becomes accustom to it and "plateaus." (Much like your system acclimates to an allergy medication and you have to switch it up.) In a nutshell, don't prepare food the same way all the time, your body needs "good" fats to avoid starvation mode, drink LOTS of water and low-sugar juices, and most importantly change up your exercise routine, sometimes pushing the limit. You will get over the hump faster than you may realize!
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    KHMcG wrote: »

I asked him a couple days ago to open his diary. He'll only open it to friends.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    How often do you weigh your food? Are you regularly eating food prepared by someone else? If so, it would be easy to wrongly estimate your calories in. If you are at the same weight for months, you are eating at maintenance. So need to eat fewer cals or burn more.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Portion control and calorie counting would be my next step.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    I started Nov 2019 tracked all intake, lost 20 lbs but I've now plateau'd or stuck at 207+/- my target is 185. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated. I've cut back cheese, milk, bread, pasta, potatoes, fried foods. I pat/squeeze all the grease from all lean beef, choose lean beef. no blue cheese/ranch dressing use vinegar and evoo instead. eat so much fresh kale, fresh lemon and organic apple cider I fart fireballs

For how long have you not lost any weight?

What is your height?

How much of a deficit are you in, and how accurately and consistently are you logging? Food scale? Unlogged cheat days?
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

What is your height?

How much of a deficit are you in, and how accurately and consistently are you logging? Food scale? Unlogged cheat days?

same 207ish for a month
    6 ft
    prepare my own foods
    yes have and use food scale
    no cheating. I log every day and I log everything. There's no profit in cheating..
  • mikebxb
    For those interested my diary is open
    Diary key = mbxb
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

What is your height?

same 207ish for a month
    6 ft
    prepare my own foods
    yes have and use food scale
    no cheating. I log every day and I log everything. There's no profit in cheating..

Ok, so you are already into the healthy weight range. It is perfectly normal to hit some plateaus when you are in that range. I can't check out your log right now, but now that you're in the home stretch, it's the little things that matter. Double check that the entries you are using in the database have the correct calories. Do a gut check to be sure you are logging everything. Honestly a month spinning your wheels, even though you're doing everything right, is not unheard of. If it's summer where you are the increased heat and humidity can cause water weight.

Have you taken a diet break? It seems like you're diet is really focused on cutting out foods you enjoy and cutting a lot of fat. Is it possible you're eating too little fat and that's caused a hormonal disruption? Is it possible you're dissatisfaction is causing you to subtly eat a little extra without even realizing it? Just some stuff to think about.

I'll try to post the diet break thread later if no one else does. And if you don't enjoy how you're eating right now, try to fit in a few foods you like but have been avoiding every once in awhile. It's hard to get down to the bottom of the healthy weight range like you are, you likely have several months left to get there and it shouldn't be miserable. Hang in there!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member

I'll try to post the diet break thread later if no one else does.

Here it is:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1
  • mikebxb
    Did I mention I cook almost everything in a NuWave oven (Air oven)
  • mikebxb
    Portion control and calorie counting would be my next step.
    Already doing both

• mikebxb
    KHMcG wrote: »

diary key = mbxb