The COVID 15 weight gain

rwsalber
rwsalber Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2020 in Motivation and Support
Anyone else fit in this category of what they are calling the COVID weight gain averaging around 15 lb. Well I overdid that gaining 18 since March.We have been pretty much self-quarantined - so started stress eating. Enough already I need to take control. My aim is to actually lose 30 lbs, but mainly to feel healthy again.

Replies

• Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    I regret to say I’m a member of this club lol!! I was 201 May 5 and 215 July 25. It’s frustrating because it comes on so quick and take so long to get off.

I’m a stress and boredom eater and I was stressed and bored!! I’m now re-motivated and will get this weight off ASAP!!
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 155 Member
    I've gained 5 pounds but it feels like 20
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    COVID 20 here. I actually got a jump start when I underwent a complete remodel of kitchen and all 3 bathrooms (Dec-Feb). Then the virus hit in Mar. I am retired and live alone. The increased time alone plus the loss of gym, theater and concerts has really thrown me for a loop.

It is definitely past time to get a grip, get out of this funk and re-establish healthy habits!
  • Scallop25
    Scallop25 Posts: 2 Member
    Yup - wanted to lose weight and ended up gaining more with unexpected lock down. Working at home, gyms still closed so it's difficult, could do with motivation - feel free to add me as I start going again tomorrow!
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I think it’s 15 but to be honest I’m too scared to get on the scale😱. Now at least with everything open I’m back to workouts and hiking. I need to get my calories a little lower but for now I feel I’m moving in the right direction. I actually have one pair of jeans I can wear and everything else is tight so it’s going to take me another 45-60 days to just get back to where I was.
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 84 Member
    tnh2o wrote: »
    I've gained 5 pounds but it feels like 20

I know what you mean, I think we feel it worse with being stuck at home and moving about less. I certainly feel more flabby than usual at this weight!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I went from office work to work at home on March 13th and since then gained 8lbs. Less moving, more wine and no regards to portion size. I was a tad underweight going into quarantine, so it's not a big deal, but I'm currently working to get it under control!

We can do this!
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Yep, I'm an overachiever and gained 20 :o
    I'm trying to be kind to myself about it.