Advice needed about skin care during/after weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Okay, interesting. Have you noticed a difference with the supplement?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff Beautiful skin, NB.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Moisturize the hell out of your skin. I'm 56 and moisturize daily.
    9upa9au6lw5i.png

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You look great!
  • Thewonderofitall
    Thewonderofitall Posts: 97 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I lost 85 pounds in 18 months and have a bit of loose skin on my chest and belly.
    sof541sg18gt.jpg
    I've been going with this collagen from Costco and it seems to be helping.
    3o731mzsahay.jpg
    I'll post an updated photo this Summer!

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    CeRave cream at the drug store or Target.. A dermatologist turned my husband on to that years ago before it went big.. the cream protects the skin barrier..keeping moisture in. That doctor told my husband it is better than any expensive cosmetics cream out there.

Dry brushing... research that.. basically dry brush your skin before you bath

I also have around soft brush I bath with...

moisturizing your skin often will make a difference. Also..losing weight slower so you skin isn't left with any option..but to hang.
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had minor surgery earlier this year (mole removed) and the dermatologist told me to massage the scar for 10 mins a day. He said it doesn’t matter what you use, it’s the massaging (and increasing blood flow to that area) that makes the difference. Obviously scarring and loose skin are different issues but when I asked if that’s the same as the benefits of moisturising your face, he said yes. Creams etc are all just marketing and how they feel on your skin. He said using a good oil or cream will allow you to moisturise longer (10 mins is a long time) but olive oil is a good option in his opinion. I use nicer smelling body lotions but suspect it’s the action of rubbing rather than the product that dies the job.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    That's a really good point about the rubbing being the main thing that helps. I've heard the same thing about the scalp. And scarring does have something in common with loose skin - both require collagen to repair, and both rely on renewal to get better. Regarding creams, I suspect they are right. However since I'm more likely to spend a longer time with a moisturizer that feels good, there a couple ones I return to again and again, but it's nice to know I don't have to spend a ton just to get results!