Declare your own challenge AUGUST 2020 [Samples included]

Replies

• cilia2k
    cilia2k Posts: 63 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I pledge to do the following:

1) Weekly meal prep
    2) Stay within a daily calorie intake of 1500 (weekly calorie <=10,500 calories)
    3) 50000 steps per week (10000 steps per day, 5 days per week)

INITIAL STATS
    August 1st
    Weight - 74.5 kg
    Fat% - 27%

Measurements/cm
    August 1st
    Neck- 34
    Chest- 90.5
    Waist- 87
    Hips- 102
    Forearm- 26.5
    Bicep- 29
    Thigh-64
    Calf-38.5

Week 1 tasks :

M 8/3 - 10000 steps
    T 8/4- 10000 steps
    W 8/5 - rest, meal prep for 3 days
    Th 8/6 - rest
    F 8/7 - 10000 steps
    S 8/8 - 10, 000 steps
    S 8/9 - 10, 000 steps, meal prep for 3 days
    Weekly total: 50, 000 steps

My greatest problem is eating within my calorie range. I am hoping meal prep will help. I tried it on the 1st of August but on the 2nd i didnot want to eat what i prep. Does anyone have any tip to help me stick to my prepared meal?

Have a nice and stressfree week and enjoy the process of teaching our goals
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    August 3rd plan for the week:
    ** every day I’ll start off with a cup of water **

Mon 8/3
    FitnessBlender (FB) Ultimate Butt and Thigh w/o
    - zucchini, chocolate protein and peanut butter smoothie
    - Leftovers
    - ?? (It’s a holiday! BBQ?)

Tue 8/4
    FB Upper body Workout for Great Arms and Shoulders
    - eggs, toast, spinach and tomato
    - Veggie and humus wrap
    - Taco salad with Black Beans

Wed 8/5
    FB Ultimate HIIT Workout for people who get bored easily
    - yogurt parfait
    - Leftover taco salad
    - Deconstructed falafel salad

Thu 8/6
    FB No Equipment Upper body and Cardio Kickboxing
    - baked nectarine oatmeal
    - Egg salad sandy
    - Fennel and pasta with white kidney beans

Fri 8/7
    FB Butt and Thigh Workout with Pilates and Barre
    - Vanilla Protein Chai Smoothie
    - Leftovers
    - BBQ Chicken wings with carrots and cucumbers

Sat 8/8
    FB Refresh and Restore Stretch
    - Protein pancakes
    - Roasted CSA Veg and Steak(?)

Sun 8/9 (rest day)
    No Workout
    - Fried eggs and toast
    - Order Vietnamese, Curry Corner, or Something local
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    I cook a lot but sometimes eating the meal I had yesterday just doesn’t sound tempting. Here are my suggestions for that:
    - make several different dishes to choose from or
    - have available some healthy options to cook fresh, but not the ones that are healthy and you just don’t like or
    - do not eat right away because if it’s a crave will go away in 20-30 min
    - start smaller, like I’ll eat my x meal 2 times a week , instead of all meals
    - make lists lots of lists
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 64 Member
    Plan for the week:
    be in bed by 11 latest monday to friday since i need to get up a little after 6 for work. Do the guided meditation 2 times or more, starting today, as soon as i finish dinner. :smile:
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Plan for the week

Drink green tea daily
    Exercise 4 times weekly (more if possible) FitOn
    Daily walks at least 12,000 steps
    No alcohol
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2020
    INITIAL STATS
    August 3rd
    Weight -172.2
    Fat% -31% as per scale
    Photos taken

Measurements
    August 1st
    Chest- 36
    Waist-41
    L Thigh- 26
    R Thigh- 25.5
    L + R Arm Bicep-14.5
    L + R Calves- 16.5

Monday- I get my stitches out today! which means I can workout again starting tomo :) goal today is a light lunch/breaky as its my grandfathers 80th bday and my grandma is having it catered. From what i've heard of the menu I will opt for chicken, veggies and garden salad no dressing. Walk the dog, no excessive snacking. Meal prep chicken for dinners until Wednesday. Pre log food minus tonights dinner until Thursday.Drink water.

Tuesday- Workout- my work hours are changing this week so I havent decided yet if that means I will get up at 4:30am to workout or do an evening workout- will report back. Stick to no excessive snacking, walk dog drink my water.

Wednesday- workout, stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water. Meal prep remaining protein for week- might be bbq as its unusally hot here. no excessive snacking. Pre log rest of weeks food.

Thursday- rest day.stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water, no excessive snacking.

Friday- workout, stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water, no excessive snacking.

Saturday- same

Sunday- weigh in, record new stats, rest day. Meal prep for week ahead, pre log Mon-Wed foods. stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water, no excessive snacking.
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 64 Member
    cilia2k wrote: »

My greatest problem is eating within my calorie range. I am hoping meal prep will help. I tried it on the 1st of August but on the 2nd i didnot want to eat what i prep. Does anyone have any tip to help me stick to my prepared meal?

GabiV125 had some really good tips :) Are you having issues because you are hungry at 1500 kcal?
    Depending on wether you dont like eating food thats cooked days before, or just craved a different dish. I like to prep a stew, like chili con carne or chicken tikka masala, wich are super easy to make high protein low kcal, and with what ever vegetables you would like. wont get dry, taste just as good or eaven better the 2 and 3rd day, and goes well in the freezer :smile: Or, prep by just making everything ready for cooking, like cutting all the veggies and preparing the meat ready in a bag, so that its fast and easy to fry it up once you get home. :smile:

• fstrickl
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    INITIAL STATS
    Monday- I get my stitches out today! which means I can workout again starting tomo :) goal today is a light lunch/breaky as its my grandfathers 80th bday and my grandma is having it catered. From what i've heard of the menu I will opt for chicken, veggies and garden salad no dressing. Walk the dog, no excessive snacking. Meal prep chicken for dinners until Wednesday. Pre log food minus tonights dinner until Thursday.Drink water.

Tuesday- Workout- my work hours are changing this week so I havent decided yet if that means I will get up at 4:30am to workout or do an evening workout- will report back. Stick to no excessive snacking, walk dog drink my water.

Wednesday- workout, stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water. Meal prep remaining protein for week- might be bbq as its unusally hot here. no excessive snacking. Pre log rest of weeks food.

Thursday- rest day.stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water, no excessive snacking.

Friday- workout, stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water, no excessive snacking.

Saturday- same

Sunday- weigh in, record new stats, rest day. Meal prep for week ahead, pre log Mon-Wed foods. stick to pre logged food, walk dog, stick to water, no excessive snacking.

I love how your dog is helping you set goals! Dogs are the best. 🤎🐶

Hope the stitches removal goes well!
  • cilia2k
    GabiV125 wrote: »
    I cook a lot but sometimes eating the meal I had yesterday just doesn’t sound tempting. Here are my suggestions for that:
    - make several different dishes to choose from or
    - have available some healthy options to cook fresh, but not the ones that are healthy and you just don’t like or
    - do not eat right away because if it’s a crave will go away in 20-30 min
    - start smaller, like I’ll eat my x meal 2 times a week , instead of all meals
    - make lists lots of lists

Thanks a lot GabiV125 for the idea. I will start small. I cooked a lot of a single dish. Guess that's why repeating the meal was a burden.
  • cilia2k
    Vetleanni wrote: »
    cilia2k wrote: »

GabiV125 had some really good tips :) Are you having issues because you are hungry at 1500 kcal?
    Depending on wether you dont like eating food thats cooked days before, or just craved a different dish. I like to prep a stew, like chili con carne or chicken tikka masala, wich are super easy to make high protein low kcal, and with what ever vegetables you would like. wont get dry, taste just as good or eaven better the 2 and 3rd day, and goes well in the freezer :smile: Or, prep by just making everything ready for cooking, like cutting all the veggies and preparing the meat ready in a bag, so that its fast and easy to fry it up once you get home. :smile:

Thanks Vetleanni for the idea. I am not hungry when i eat 1500 cal. My problem is just eating the same cooked meal over and over. Hence when i am hungry and not intrested in what i have meal prep, i eat whatever is faster and easier without counting calories.
    I like the idea of measuring and packaging uncooked food. This is better because i just realised that i like eating freshly cooked meals 😁.

I will combine your tip and GabiV125's. Hopefully this will work. Thanks to both of you again. This means a lot because i already have my workout under control and my problem is food (counting calorie specifically 😁 . ) .
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    I challenge myself to do 5 workouts a week, keep tracking all food and stay within allotted calories. I will also aim to hit my iron and calcium goals at least 5 days a week.
    Starting weight: 186.6 lbs today, but I’m at my parents’ house and using their scale. So I’ll have to re-weigh here in 4 weeks.
  • annliz23
    A great start to the week
    All targets completed.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I took a break from throw training today. I did yoga this morning and Body Groove this evening. I’m on track to meet my goals.
  • MeganD1704
    @fstrickl he really is the best! he always gets two walks a day- no matter the warm or cold! I don't really count it as part of my intentional workouts anymore except while I was recovering from my surgery as I really couldn't do much. Super glad to be back to being able to move and go again, haven't felt myself the last two weeks.
  • MeganD1704
    AM workout complete- it's supposed to be 32 here today which is very warm (we might get a week of +30 here its rare, I've seen a lot more -30 in this life so far lol). Did TRX which is my absolute favorite and picked a workout I knew would challenge me. Was impressed I could still hold a plank that long, same with my pushup count following a few weeks off :)
  • annliz23
    Dont think I will hit my step count today as I have only done 1 walk but hubby is not well so not going to beat myself up over it and tomorrow is dog grooming day so probably low again so go balance it I have completed a total body training weight exercise and a kick abs one and I will do another 2 workouts tomorrow it's about being flexible I guess.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    @debrakgoogins sorry to hear about the hurricane. Hope it’s not too stressful for you with work.
  • fstrickl
    Yikes @debrakgoogins ! Hope everyone is okay and stay safe! I’m sure many are thankful for your work.

@annliz23 hope your husband is doing better!

Yesterday I ended up going on a 1.5 hour walk before bed to a new to me ravine in my city. It was a lovely walk. This is the river that runs through my city.

5dilxdgnt1wn.jpeg

• annliz23
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Yikes @debrakgoogins ! Hope everyone is okay and stay safe! I’m sure many are thankful for your work.

@annliz23 hope your husband is doing better!

Yesterday I ended up going on a 1.5 hour walk before bed to a new to me ravine in my city. It was a lovely walk. This is the river that runs through my city.

5dilxdgnt1wn.jpeg

Yes thanks he seems more positive, what a lovely walk.