Do any of you have "free" foods that you don't add in your calorie count?

Options
13»

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I log seasonings sporadically, I generally don’t log black coffee, i log tea and seltzer as water, I often eyeball garlic and ginger and lettuce, etc. sometimes I’ll log diet drinks, sometimes I won’t. Sometimes I’ll pull apart my takeout to weigh the ingredients, but sometimes I go by what I had the last time.

I have been logging since May 2018 and I’ve been keeping to my goals, so I will tighten up if my weight starts to creep up.
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use a generic ‘garden salad without dressing’ to log raw vegetables regardless of the vegetable.

That’s smart. I should try that especially since I hate logging tomatoes and other veggies I put in my salad.
  • katierthanmost
    katierthanmost Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Diet coke, but I'm also not drinking litres of it.
  • sakurablossoms82
    sakurablossoms82 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I take a few cherry tomato's or snack cucumbers I don't log them and
    lettuce I just eye ball it when needed. Same goes for drinks that are like 2 calories a glas or tea. I also never log the seasoning I add like cinnamon to my oatmeal or a pinch of salt and pepper.

• tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee, tea, spices, herbs or vitamin gummies (yeah, there's some calories there) or the electrolyte supplements I use when hiking. That's where my laziness begins.
    I try to log everything else even if it isn't pretty.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    There are no free foods in my system but there are foods that need not be logged separately. If I am putting mustard on a sandwich I do not log the mustard but some calories for mustard are included in my log somewhere.
  • johnbhusted
    johnbhusted Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Since it's summer, and our garden is going like crazy, we generally don't log fresh veggies. Onions, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers. . .

We do log high-sugar stuff like sweet corn.