Iso and restrictions are making me fat again

Options
Is anyone gaining weight due to these restrictions ?? :'(

I feel like all the problems I had 6 years ago with food are coming back with a vengeance..
I don't think I really resolved them, I just used binge exercising to control it. The gyms here are shut for another 6 weeks minimum. Ahhhhhh

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Which restrictions do you believe are causing you to gain weight???
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Are you talking about staying home due to the pandemic? Some folks have found that they are eating more out of boredom and frustration but others are finding it easier to control what they eat due to fewer distractions. The choice is yours.

Now is a great time to grab control back of how you eat. With no "social life" enticing us out for supper, we can eat out of our refrigerators and we have control of which groceries we buy to fill those fridges.

Read some of the stickies on the "getting started" page and join us on the road to a healthy weight and smart eating patterns. It's well worth it!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    No. I'm using it as ammo to fight like hail. I'm taking care of older folkaronies and they need me to be at the top of my game. To win any war we have to know our enemy. We don't know this one because it's invisible and it's a moving target. It continues to be a very fluid situation.

There comes a time in everyone's life when you must make the choice to build the ability to get fit under real life conditions. Life has no pause button. There is no timeout for life. We can't wait for perfect circumstances for starting another diet. Life keeps going.

There's no such thing as hitting the reset button for your job. You either show up for it or get yourself fired. Show up for your life the way you show up for your job. Find the deeper meaning for taking care of your overall health and well being or none of this will stick. Consistency, consistency, consistency for the win.

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Tis not the circumstances but a failure to manage the change in circumstances that's causing weight gain. It's not magic.
  • pandry15
    pandry15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did let working at home feed into my laziness and bad eating - I gained weight since March but I have since changed my ways and am now weighing less than I did before COVID. I changed my thinking from COVID is making eating healthy difficult to COVID has nothing to do with my eating and exercise, that's up to me.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    since i've been home, i spend more time on my exercise bike and playing bass.

do you a hobby you've always wanted the time to do and said you'd never have time for? or is there a show you'd like to binge?

or how about just finding lower calorie snacks you really like?