Anybody else use a NuWave Oven?

Options
mikebxb
mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
Anybody else use a NuWave Oven? We pretty much cook EVERYTHING on it and I squeeze all the grease out of ground chuck

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Never heard of it so I looked it up. It sounds very similar to an air fryer.

We got a Ninja Foodi right when Covid started. It does air drying, broiling, pressure cooking, dehydrating (and more but those are the functions we’ve used).

It is simply amazing. We seldom turn on the oven now, unless it’s to “keep warm” the potatoes or fries we made in the Ninja while we grill the burgers or steaks in it.

My only complaint is I only wish it held more so I could do all at once.

Even mundane fish patties are delicious coming out of the Ninja, and the jerky I dehydrated in it was the best I’ve ever made. Tender/chewy and very evenly cooked. And so much easier to clean up than my old Presto dehydrator.

I just told my daughter the other day, if we ever remodel the kitchen, I would seriously consider doing away with the wall oven and rangetop, and just go with a Ninja type appliance and a couple of those induction cooktops you could tuck away in a drawer when you’re done using them. I’d rather have more storage and countertops.
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Never heard of it so I looked it up. It sounds very similar to an air fryer.

We got a Ninja Foodi right when Covid started. It does air drying, broiling, pressure cooking, dehydrating (and more but those are the functions we’ve used).

It is simply amazing. We seldom turn on the oven now, unless it’s to “keep warm” the potatoes or fries we made in the Ninja while we grill the burgers or steaks in it.

My only complaint is I only wish it held more so I could do all at once.

Even mundane fish patties are delicious coming out of the Ninja, and the jerky I dehydrated in it was the best I’ve ever made. Tender/chewy and very evenly cooked. And so much easier to clean up than my old Presto dehydrator.

I just told my daughter the other day, if we ever remodel the kitchen, I would seriously consider doing away with the wall oven and rangetop, and just go with a Ninja type appliance and a couple of those induction cooktops you could tuck away in a drawer when you’re done using them. I’d rather have more storage and countertops.

Thanks for the testimony. We have plans to get a Ninja Foodi. Our friends really enjoy theirs. Ditto the in wall oven being obsolete. Between our NuWave, InstaPot and soon Ninja..We'll rarely use anything else. With this diet I dont eat fried foods except rare occasion.