Motivation before and during photos

Options
2»

Replies

• Wifeband0311
    Wifeband0311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself after breakfast and I got like 188 lbs. Shouldnt have been a shock but it was. I ate 1700 cal yesterday and exercised 200 cal so I was over not by much but I didn't take more advantage of exercise. My husbands pants were loose so his thighs were rubbing. We talked about him sitting down and me walking more without him but it's so hot out I didm't wanna. I also don't feel super bad about yesterday because what put me over was avocado and I even skipped sour cream but of course the numbers make me feel a little guilty. I feel stuck and it's only been a couple days since I got the fitbit.

I would rather do an insanity workout but I dont want to pull these dang stitches which I did throughout the night and kept jerking me awake.

My husband told me every time I try to lose weight I get bigger and bigger and I can't let that keep happening. I keep saying I will do this and try not to stress.

I took those first photos Jul 15th. Maybe I will take photos every two weeks. ♡
  • Wifeband0311
    Options
    bsx0a9ojrrgw.jpg
  • Wifeband0311
    Options
    Data:
    Neck:18.5.
    Waist: skinniest part of waist is 39.5 My widest part of waist is 44
    Hip: 44.5

Analysis:
    Neck: 13 inches or less is recommended in women neck size.
    Waist/Hip: Less than half my height means waist should be 32.5 inches or less.
    WTH ratio of skinniest waist area is .89 which scores high risk. .80 or lower is low health risk.
  • Wifeband0311
    Options
    Holy crap. I really like hiit calisthenics because I just feel like I get so much more out of the full body than one motion hiit running. When I do the insanity workout my heart rate cycles usually from 87/90 to 140ish. I haven't gotten a chance to do one with the fitbit yet since my stitches but they come out on friday.
    But I did a neila rey/darebee I have the 21 days of hiit printed out from and in 18 minutes, starting to smell, my fitbit said I only burned 47 calories. My heart rate only cycles from 87/90 to 110/124.
    I really hope I havent been vastly overestimating the calories in my insanity workouts but this is why I bought a tracker. I wanted to get a better picture of what I was actually burning than the myfitnesspal templates.
    Excited to have this real time calorie burning estimate.
  • Wifeband0311
    Options
    i5bse8yh4teh.jpg

You can see how I ran out of energy but still tried at the end haha
  • Wifeband0311
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Got the chance to see my live calorie burn estimate with my fitbit during an insanity workout. 8.4 cal/min. Basically 500 cal an hour workout with my snails pace but best effort. I heard you can easily burn 1000 calories a video depending on your personal fitness level and I could definitely see someone super fit doing that.

For whatever reason it was hard and I could only do 24 minutes today. Usually i modify high knees and crunches between actual moves I can manage and spend the whole time moving in front of the video but maybe actually being able to check my heart rate with a device motivated me to go harder. Glad I did it. I was tempted not to but it was barely past noon and what was I going to do. Gotta eat something when my stomach settles.
  • Wifeband0311
    Options
    Lost 1 lb in a week. I'm 183.8 now. In Jan I was like 177 so that's how much I've gained since the year started. I wake up and think "i want to lose weight" but it's hard during the day esp at night. I felt discouraged because I thought "I lost weight!" but then I still have gained overall. Hopefully the progress continues, especially with my fitbit calculating live burn and not the number of exercised calories in a session. Sticking with not drinking if I'm full is helping a lot. It's scary how sometimes I lose myself in the desire for more food or drink or whatever and can't think in the moment of why every choice matters. Because every choice matters. Patterns are what matters. It can be my time to shine and change my patterns. I need to stop gaining weight.
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just rejoined here and am checking out the app again. I went to school to be a Certified Hypnotherapist. I only practiced for a year or so before moving on to other things but I learned a lot. It sounds like your conscious mind and subconscious mind are at odds. The only way you can become successful is if you get your subconscious mind to agree with your conscious mind’s wishes. There are MANY methods of hypnotherapy for weight loss. One is aversion therapy that makes you disgusted with your favorite fattening foods but I don’t like that because I believe one should always be able to enjoy favorite foods in small amounts. Depriving someone permanently of chocolate is criminal! There are many hypnosis albums you can get on Amazon or Apple Music, even apps you can download or you can try an experiment that I use that works for me. I’m curious if it works for others.

Try this if you want. Find a time when you can be alone and lie down or sit comfortably with headphones and listen to nature sounds of the ocean. Naturespace is an app you can try that has free tracks and is very surround sound. But ocean sounds are easy to find anywhere. Close your eyes, relax. Imagine you are on a beautiful tropical beach. Feel the sand under your feet, watch the waves, birds, some palm trees, feel a breeze on your face, smell the slight smell of salt in the air. REALLY be there. Now see a woman approaching you. She is fit and beautiful and you wish you could look like that. As she approaches closer, you realize it IS you! You walk up to her then merge with her. You are now your future self with your ideal body. Notice your flat stomach, your toned arms and legs. Imagine some guys walking by and admiring you. Imagine feeling so confident in your bikini. You are so proud of your body and love that feeling of freedom that you can play in the water, have so much fun and not feel self-conscious at all. Really feel the emotions of how great that would feel. You can go on fantasizing about other things you’d do or people you’d like to be around maybe even an encounter with a celebrity crush! Have fun with it! Just really get into the fantasy of it. Whenever I’ve done this it really kickstarts my diet and I lose all interest in food except as healthy fuel for the body. It’s a form of self hypnosis where you train your subconscious mind to desire the same thing you consciously want. If you do this often enough, maybe every night before sleep or when you just wake up in the morning (when your brain is the most suggestive and in an Alpha brainwave state) you should see results! If you do it and it works, please let me know! :smiley:
  • Wifeband0311
    Options
    I stayed within calories yesterday but I feel guilty and somewhat ashamed because a binge is a binge. Trying not to feel down and also not motivated to exercise but hey, I always think "45 minutes is going to pass a ton of times today. maybe one of them can be exercise because look at all the time that i have to be lazy." I start a new job next week. My commute is 40 min so that's extra time that I won't eat when I shouldn't. Only pack the right amount of food and not have a store to drive to to get more food since I'll be commuting by train. It will be good to have a schedule again. And I will physically be forced not to start scrounging for food and drinks starting at like 1-3pm. I hope this job goes so well as that I get contract to hire after the months are up. Trying to stay motivated, think positive, feel good about myself and how happy my life is overall. Food, family, friends. Reconnected with an old friend yesterday. We're going to go out for sushi in a couple weeks. I'm somewhat nervous about going to a restaurant in covid but we don't have anywhere else to go. Maybe my parents will go out of town and I can just have her come to my house. Hmm....