Protein powder vs baby formula

Options
Does anyone actually like drinking plant based protein powder, or does everyone who buys it choke it down the way I do: As fast as you can?

Replies

• Isa_Bbott
    Isa_Bbott Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What does that have to do with baby formula?

The taste.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I use a plant based protein powder and only use it in ways I enjoy. for awhile in a smoothie and currently in home made protein bars I find very yummy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Isa_Bbott wrote: »
    What does that have to do with baby formula?

The taste.

Baby formula tastes nicer, or....? I don't follow, sorry.

But I agree with @cwolfman13, I just wouldn't drink it.
  • Isa_Bbott
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If I had to force myself to choke something down, I wouldn't be using it. Why are you drinking something you have to choke down?

I need more protein in my daily diet and I want to like it. I've made smoothies of every kind but I can't get past that baby food flavor..
  • Isa_Bbott
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I use a plant based protein powder and only use it in ways I enjoy. for awhile in a smoothie and currently in home made protein bars I find very yummy.

I love the bar idea! Do you use nuts/seeds..?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I needed more protein in my diet so I use the below shake as creamer in my coffee and then finish the rest of the shake when done with my coffee

eio15ggrs5ko.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you do not like what you drink, then you should not drink it. Personally, I really like protein shakes and I mainly make them with milk, while sometimes adding banana or cocoa. I have never tried making protein shakes with baby organic formula milk. Perhaps you will get a very interesting taste, no one tried to add baby milk to a protein shake? I'm thinking of ordering the hipp formula just to experiment, as I know it will be even healthier than regular milk, so why not try it? If young children drink such milk, then I do not think that something bad is going to happend with me. I will give my rewiew when I try it out.

I don't think the argument is that something BAD will happen if adults drink baby formula, I think the question is "what is the potential benefit?" Compared to cow's milk (which is what many people use), it's lower protein and lower calcium. These are things that many adults are trying to get MORE of in the diet, so using baby formula wouldn't be a net gain.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I like the Premier Protein drinks 30 grams protein. Currently I am loving Caramel flavor.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I like the Premier Protein drinks 30 grams protein. Currently I am loving Caramel flavor.

Also use this shake in my coffee as a creamer sometimes :)

Delicious!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Isa_Bbott wrote: »
    Does anyone actually like drinking plant based protein powder, or does everyone who buys it choke it down the way I do: As fast as you can?

Is your protein powder plant-based because of ethics or a dairy intolerance/allergy?

Either way, there are plenty of non-dairy (and non-animal) sources of protein other than PP.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,963 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I buy both plant based and whey protein. I like the taste of the plant based mixed with just water, but I can't gag down the whey with water.

Keep experimenting till you find one you like. I just buy the Kroger's store brand, Simple Truth protein powders.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuW7Q1r7Y5A7qC7iGaYp8WNKko5HpaH0HX5jY-J2XKyNEnNrDiIcaesq6OfkU&usqp=CAc
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options
    Whoops.... all I saw was ThomasSlater's response to this old thread

Come on Thomas.... pay attention!! LOL ;)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I needed more protein in my diet so I use the below shake as creamer in my coffee and then finish the rest of the shake when done with my coffee

eio15ggrs5ko.png

They are NOT DAIRY FREE. It comes from WHEY. I absolutely detest this brand as a supplement retailer for misleading people.

There are a lot of new plant proteins that really have stepped up in taste. Which ones did you try?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »

eio15ggrs5ko.png

They are NOT DAIRY FREE. It comes from WHEY. I absolutely detest this brand as a supplement retailer for misleading people.

There are a lot of new plant proteins that really have stepped up in taste. Which ones did you try?

Really????!!!

This is good to know! I myself am not trying to stay away from dairy, I just like the taste of these and they are always on sale so I buy them.