New to Groups

Options
I am 34 years old, I weigh a little over 240 and need to lose 100+ lbs. I have four girls ages 15, 12, 9, and 7

I have been working hard to loose weight and recently rejoined here and struggling to lose weight. It seems it is always a yoyo trick. I lose 5 lbs to gain back three. I keep getting discouraged. Money is limited and I am a stay at home mom but I try to stay active.

I have used MyFitnessPal in the past but I have never really looked at the website and saw there were groups. So I am figuring this may be worth trying.

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Given your goals, you might find the Larger Losers' group (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers) a good one to try. It's geared to people who want to lose (or are working on losing or have lost) at least 75 lbs. It's helpful and active.
  • Jackiefrost1013
    Jackiefrost1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 so far and still need to lose 100. I’m sending a friend request your way ☺️
  • dietingright
    dietingright Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how the posts work! I want to say hello, my name is Val and I can sure use some ideas! I want to go from 199 lbs to 175. I’m 47 and live in No California.
    First time user, how will I know if anyone replies to me?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I have no idea how the posts work! I want to say hello, my name is Val and I can sure use some ideas! I want to go from 199 lbs to 175. I’m 47 and live in No California.
    First time user, how will I know if anyone replies to me?

If you have notifications already set up (I think they are set up by default) you should get notifications when people have replied. Alternatively you can go into Notifications (Bell icon top corner in web version), click all notifications and then click Replies which will take you to all the threads you have participated in.

If you don't have notifications set up but want to follow certain threads you can also click on the star to follow them and you'll receive notifications only for posts in those threads.