Did I actually gain 18lbs+ in a little over a month?! SOS

Options
21 F. So I am a D1 swimmer have a pretty healthy lifestyle... I love to eat clean also stay active and try new things.

At the beginning of June I weight about 132. I wanted to gain some weight(maybe 5lbs) get to between 135-137lbs.
For 8-9 weeks this summer, I would swim train M-F for 2 hours every morning. Additionally, I would weight train/lift M,W,F for about an hour and a half. I would occasionally get outside bike, walk, and incorporate yoga a few times a week especially on the weekends.

I will be honest and say I did eat much more than what I usually do . I still ate low processed foods such as lean meats(chicken breast, lean ground beef, etc), rices, potatoes, nuts, avocados, ezikeal breads, eggs, fruits/veggies, etc. but included more nights of going to get ice cream once a week (bc I got to live a little!) with my friends and eating snacks though out the day(I usually would not snack too much).

I weight myself at the beginning of August and I was at 149lbs...!? I will say that we did have 2 huge parties in a row this weekend but I would think my salt/carb content return to normal by this point?? I really made sure to drink lots of water too.

Did I actually gain 15lbs+ in that amount of time?? I feel like I totally gained as I do feel my clothes are slightly tighter but not 15lbs bigger! Maybe its more muscle ?? Maybe my scale is dying and out of wack?? I do have a thyroid problem but at the beginning of June I had it checked and everything was stable. I am not sure what is going on! I am just quite surprised especially with how much I was training/exercising.

I would like to lean out before my season is in full swing again starting the 24th of August. I do not want to restrict as this is very unhealthy but thinking of "cutting" until that time or for about 2ish weeks to lean out again.

I would appreciate all insight and advice!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    It might be a simple fix of replacing the old batteries. You've answered most of your own questions but after a few days of your regular routine you may find 7 or 8 of those party pounds have disappeared.
  • cmmerck190
    cmmerck190 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    It might be a simple fix of replacing the old batteries. You've answered most of your own questions but after a few days of your regular routine you may find 7 or 8 of those party pounds have disappeared.

Thank you for your response. I really hope so! I also did just get my wisdom teeth out and still pretty swollen. Do you think that may be a cause as well?

Thanks again.
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    cmmerck190 wrote: »
    21 F. So I am a D1 swimmer have a pretty healthy lifestyle... I love to eat clean also stay active and try new things.

At the beginning of June I weight about 132. I wanted to gain some weight(maybe 5lbs) get to between 135-137lbs.
    For 8-9 weeks this summer, I would swim train M-F for 2 hours every morning. Additionally, I would weight train/lift M,W,F for about an hour and a half. I would occasionally get outside bike, walk, and incorporate yoga a few times a week especially on the weekends.

I will be honest and say I did eat much more than what I usually do . I still ate low processed foods such as lean meats(chicken breast, lean ground beef, etc), rices, potatoes, nuts, avocados, ezikeal breads, eggs, fruits/veggies, etc. but included more nights of going to get ice cream once a week (bc I got to live a little!) with my friends and eating snacks though out the day(I usually would not snack too much).

I weight myself at the beginning of August and I was at 149lbs...!? I will say that we did have 2 huge parties in a row this weekend but I would think my salt/carb content return to normal by this point?? I really made sure to drink lots of water too.

Did I actually gain 15lbs+ in that amount of time?? I feel like I totally gained as I do feel my clothes are slightly tighter but not 15lbs bigger! Maybe its more muscle ?? Maybe my scale is dying and out of wack?? I do have a thyroid problem but at the beginning of June I had it checked and everything was stable. I am not sure what is going on! I am just quite surprised especially with how much I was training/exercising.

I would like to lean out before my season is in full swing again starting the 24th of August. I do not want to restrict as this is very unhealthy but thinking of "cutting" until that time or for about 2ish weeks to lean out again.

I would appreciate all insight and advice!

Honestly cheat meals can cause some large increases in weight, but weight due to water, not fat. Depending on what kind of diet you were on, loading up on carbs on a cheat day can increase your weight noticeably. Once you go back to your healthy eating and drinking water you might regulate a lot :)