Steps not be counted as calories burned ?

Options
MFP is taking data from my iPhone Health app about my steps but isn’t accounting for them. Can anyone explain what are the possible reasons for why that is?

Replies

• Ashly37828
    Ashly37828 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    [w7u02visn6lh.jpeg
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,425 Member
    Options
    What is your activity level set at? That's the first thing that comes to mind. Other than that I don't know if the synch works properly
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    Options
    When you set your activity level, steps outside recorded exercises are considered part of your regular activity level, which you choose when setting up your MFP profile.

For example, I had about 22,764 steps yesterday. Of that, 6.17 miles (roughly 12,000 steps) was counted as a recorded “walk” exercise.

The remaining 10,000 or so steps became part of my self-described “highly active” profile.

You’re allowed more calories based on the setting you chose, so you’re getting “credit” for the extra steps, just not as exercise.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    This might help?

From my phone:
    x520gyoxu1id.png

From MFP (disregard the wild calorie count. I had my first social outing since March last night!)

d2pt7bnf8tti.png

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ashly37828 wrote: »
    [w7u02visn6lh.jpeg

That amount of steps is usually considered just barely above Sedentary level, going into Lightly-Active.

And since this is MFP merely getting a step count and doing some rough estimates for calories - it doesn't know how many of the steps were associated with the workout it knows about.

So it discounts some of the calories were in the HIIT already logged.
    Some are in the activity level you selected as mentioned.

So nothing extra for the day but the exercise.tlr?id=288654779227945&ev=PageView&noscript=1&.png