soda and bloating

hey i'm new here, hope this is the right forum. i'm wondering how long bloating/gassy feeling would last if i drank a single can(12oz) of coke zero. like would the gassy feeling go away by around midnight if i drank a can around noon?

thanks

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I'd imagine this is different for everyone. I personally don't deal so much with bloating after drinking diet soda or sparkling water, after a few burps (lol). However, my coworker has had WLS in the past and can't tolerate carbonated drinks hardly at all.

Do you normally bloat for an extended period of time after drinking soda?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This is going to be very individual. I drink about one can of diet soda daily and I don't notice any bloated or gassy feeling at all.
  • yum991
    yum991 Posts: 3 Member
    i havent drunk any kinda soda for like 5-6 years. so it goes away after a few burps? and my stomach will look normal after that?
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    I used to drink 3L of diet soda a day.. (9 cans) and never had an issue
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    yum991 wrote: »
    hey i'm new here, hope this is the right forum. i'm wondering how long bloating/gassy feeling would last if i drank a single can(12oz) of coke zero. like would the gassy feeling go away by around midnight if i drank a can around noon?

thanks

There is no way anyone can answer this question, everyone's body and physiology is different. You'd have to drink a soda can and see how you react. I have one pretty much every day and if I'm bloating I've never noticed it once.
  • yum991
    yum991 Posts: 3 Member
    i guess ill hafta try and see how it goes. thanks for the replies ツ
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I'd be surprised if you still felt gassy or bloated at midnight if you drank a can of coke at noon. But, as others have said, everyone is different and you can't know unless you try.
    I enjoy diet coke but am cutting back recently because I've noticed feeling uncomfortable after drinking it for half an hour or so. This didn't happen in my teens/ twenties so maybe it's also an age thing! :s
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    It's just too individual to make any kind of general comment on this. I used to be a heavy Diet Coke user, sorta like Kriss above, at least a full 2L bottle per day, often more. Never had a problem. Then a few years ago I started having issues and now a single can of Diet Coke can lead to much discomfort. I only drink water and iced tea now. Man did I miss Diet Coke for the first six months or so LOL But you do eventually get used to life without Diet Coke (or anything else, for that matter).
  • KrissDotCom
    lgfrie wrote: »
    It's just too individual to make any kind of general comment on this. I used to be a heavy Diet Coke user, sorta like Kriss above, at least a full 2L bottle per day, often more. Never had a problem. Then a few years ago I started having issues and now a single can of Diet Coke can lead to much discomfort. I only drink water and iced tea now. Man did I miss Diet Coke for the first six months or so LOL But you do eventually get used to life without Diet Coke (or anything else, for that matter).

Lol.. you know how I stopped?

When I started my weight loss my blood sugars being in the 30s were what caused me to drink that much per day, on top of a couple liters of water.

But then my sugars returned to normal once I got the binge eating disorder re-medicated and I was drinking hardly any fluids and only drank a couple cans of pop.

I was having horrible headaches when I slept and someone told me to drink a big glass of water before bed and naturally that solved the issue, i was clearly dehydrated even tho I didn't feel thirsty.

Next day I went out and bought carbonated water instead and was planning to drink both equally and just never picked up the soda and that was back in March.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    [

I was having horrible headaches when I slept and someone told me to drink a big glass of water before bed and naturally that solved the issue, i was clearly dehydrated even tho I didn't feel thirsty.

I think I just had a light bulb moment. Thanks, Kriss!!!!!!!!!’
  • KrissDotCom
    [

I think I just had a light bulb moment. Thanks, Kriss!!!!!!!!!’

Lol you're very welcome.