PLEASE, I'm so upset and I have tried everything and I can't seem to lose weight

Options
Hi everyone my name is Hannah,

When I say I have tried everything to lose weight I mean literally everything (majority of weight is on my stomach upper body and inner thighs). I can't seem to see any results, please can someone advise me and help me out. I am so committed to this. I weigh about 165 pounds looking to go down to 135 pounds.

Firstly, I went to the doctor's office and got my thyroid, hormones, cortisol and insulin checked. Everything is normal except my insulin is a little high, hence she said I may be insulin resistant (I don't have diabetes or any problems with my blood sugar). She said it could be because in the past I used to eat a lot of high sugar and processed foods.

Secondly, in terms of working out I only used to strength train 3 times week. Then I added 2 days of Cardio. I personally do not feel that my workouts are effective, I have tried Fitness Blender, Youtube videos, Body-building.com, a few popsugar workouts made by celebrity trainers. Nothing has worked. I like to workout at home personally, I have some dumbbells, a treadmill (I'd rather do cardio using youtube lol), resistance bands, etc..

Thirdly, in terms of food, I usually have 2 pieces of gluten free toast with peanut butter, then a nut bar from Costco as a snack, for lunch i sometimes have a protein shake or some rice with meat or something with both carbs and protein, I sometimes have snack in between lunch and dinner which is usually a piece of fruit and for dinner I usually have something similar to lunch. I have been calorie counting and trying to eat between 100 to 150 grams of carbs.

I honestly don't know what else to do. Can someone please advise me in terms of working out, maybe its from that? or maybe its what I am eating

I have been at this for 4 months, I haven't seen any results at all, not on the scale, in my clothes or even measurements.

I am honestly so upset that I broke into tears today. I don't know what to do anymore, and I can't really afford to see a fitness trainer.

Thank you!

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'd add more cardio workouts. I find lots of cardio is the only way I see a difference in my body.

If you want good cardio YouTube workouts check out Sydney Cummings or Raneir Pollard. Raneir's workouts are killer! But he's hilarious and has an amazing body so I don't swear at him as I would Sydney
  • Oilers846507
    Oilers846507 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    So how many calories are you actually eating in a day?

How old are you and how tall are you?

I am 23 and 5'2
  • Oilers846507
    Options
    Hi Hannah, how many calories are you eating per day? I'm no expert in this, but I do have empathy for you. I am slow at taking weight off. There is often a very long period where nothing comes off the scale, but I do look better in my jeans. Just keep at it, you will get there! :smile:

Hi thank you :) I eat about 1300 calories per day is that good enough? or should it more/less?
  • Oilers846507
    Options
    applekandi wrote: »
    I agree, make sure you are weighing your food with a food scale. You are probably underestimating your food intake. Maybe you think you are eating 2 tbsp of peanut butter, but are eating 3. If you did that each day that is almost 700 calories extra a week. If you did that with multiple foods per day then you can see how fast it adds up. I even weigh my fruit. The banana I ate this mornin was over 170 calories. If I didn’t know better I would have underestimated it by quite a bit.

I did this in the past, and now I just estimate. Although I would hit my calorie goal, the amount of carbs I was eating was extremely high it was about 50-60% of my diet and when I got my insulin tested, the doctor recommended I have a lower carb diet.

Do you think if I weigh my food but make sure my carb intake is a lot lower it will help?
  • Oilers846507
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'd add more cardio workouts. I find lots of cardio is the only way I see a difference in my body.

If you want good cardio YouTube workouts check out Sydney Cummings or Raneir Pollard. Raneir's workouts are killer! But he's hilarious and has an amazing body so I don't swear at him as I would Sydney

Thanks so much! I will look into these!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    One other question. What did you set your activity level as in the app? I personally set mine to sedentary (desk job) and then add my weight and cardio exercises in. If you chose a higher activity level, make sure it’s accurate or MFP will estimate that you are burning more calories in a day than you are.

And OMG like ALL of us are saying: WEIGH and MEASURE EVERYTHING! Right now you don’t know if you are eating 1800 or 2500 calories a day. I HIGHLY doubt that by “guessing” you are anywhere near 1300.