WOW...Boiled eggs.....😮😮😮

Options
2»

Replies

• KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I made an egg breakfast wrap

I scramble one egg and cook it flat like a pancake about the size of a typical tortilla. Once that's cooked I scramble another egg and add seasoning, but you can add veggies or cheese or whatever you like.. and cook that up, I add bacon to mine too, then put a bit of mayo on my tortilla egg or spicy mayo and put the filling in it and wrap it.

Course I also use real tortillas too lol just depends on my mood, or if I wanna aim for more protein based on the rest of my days planned meals
  • angela_mangold
    angela_mangold Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    If you really want to blow your mind, put some everything bagel seasoning on them. Thank me later ;)

@psuLemon Where do you get this seasoning from? :)

I found mine at Aldi!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Slowfaster wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Soft boiled egg lover here. They're TOO good 😵

My mother used to make them for us and I loved a soft boiled egg on buttered toast, but I can never get the timing right so that the whites are firm but the yolk still runny.

How long do you boil them? Do you start the egg in cold water or boiling water?

(Thanks!)

Try the microwave. Cover a small dish with plastic wrap and Nuke at high 30-35 seconds depending on how runny you want it. Quick and easy
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-4 eggs every day. The hard cooked ones get eaten with no seasoning or anything on them (I refuse to call them hard boiled because I have never boiled an egg in my life. I was always taught that the white gets rubbery and the yolk gets a greenish grey ring if they are boiled).

My favorite seasoning for fried or poached eggs is Penzey's California pepper. It is black pepper with red and green bell pepper.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Soft cooked where the yolk is runny and the white set is the only way to go. I wouldn't touch a hard cooked egg unless it's in something like potato salad.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Slowfaster wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Soft boiled egg lover here. They're TOO good 😵

My mother used to make them for us and I loved a soft boiled egg on buttered toast, but I can never get the timing right so that the whites are firm but the yolk still runny.

How long do you boil them? Do you start the egg in cold water or boiling water?

(Thanks!)

I use a little red egg timer that goes in the water with the eggs. It's got a marker on it for soft medium and hard. It is great and I tend to chuck it in with cold water and the eggs and just keep an eye on it. It takes the stress out of it. You can get them on amazon or in the UK they're often in random little shops.
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry 10 minutes later after boiled eggs unless I have them with bread. Well, this is a sad topic for me because I can't have them anymore. My egg sensitivity has finally become full blown.

Ditto 100%^. Virtual cyber hug @amusedmonkey .