What can I do with minced beef instead of Bolognese thats he

Options
sejx
sejx Posts: 14 Member
looking for any ideas what i can do for dinner tonight with the beef mince instead of bolognese. obviously nice and healthy and low calorie .... Any Idea please

Replies

• jesshall281
    Options
    oooo how about placing the mince in a bowl with an egg and some chopped onions and create your own beef patties!! i always do that, or similarly create your own meatballs with roasted veg :smile:

(the eggs keep the mince in the patties held together)
  • martinh78
    Options
    As above! Love meatballs!
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Meatballs or homemade burgers (mix in some herbs, onion and garlic and grill them), chilli con carne on a small baked potato or cottage pie are all good.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I made a red coconut curry last night - added green pepper and broccoli - it was yummy!
    Or just a plain beef broccoli
    stuffed red peppers
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cottage pie, with sweet potato on top!! Served with a scrummy salad!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    looking for any ideas what i can do for dinner tonight with the beef mince instead of bolognese. obviously nice and healthy and low calorie .... Any Idea please

Chilli?
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cottage pie, with sweet potato on top!! Served with a scrummy salad!

Yes! As above, also great served with mixed veggies!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Stuffed vegetables (stuff zucchini/bell pepper/tomatoes) with a mix of minced meet/rice/onions/spices. :)
  • Shelley_ann
    Options
    for a twist on the traditional spag' bol' I sometimes add Cayenne Pepper to the bolognaise, mix in some partially cooked pasta then top with cream of tomato soup and bake in the oven for 20 mins.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I don't eat meat, but you've just reminded me of a very old favourite of mine, that I used to do with Quorn mince. Sounds TOTALLY rank, but it's real feel-good-comfort-food!

Pack of mince (quorn in my case - you'll know the calories for your beef stuff though :))
    400g can of tomato soup (around 230 depending on brand)
    300g can of condensed mushroom soup (about 300cals, but there's low fat versions too)
    Stick in in a pan and simmer until thick, stirring every so often. Also fab in the slow cooker.
    Now for the unhealthy bit - - - as much smoked cheese as you can possibly allow yourself to have, melted in and stirred through!

It's DIVINE!!! I know, I know, sounds bogging, looks pretty bogging too, but OMG it's lush! It's 'ok' without the cheese, but it really is the cheese that turns it. The way I made it, with 300g of Quorn mince, it made two MASSIVE portions, I would say it should do 3 servings, but you could make it 4, probably. So not that bad calorie wise, for real 'non diet fast food'!
  • AudreyJoy
    Options
    When I make mince patties (either with beef or chicken) I add chopped onion, a grated zuccini, and an egg (or an egg-white - available frozen from COLES Supermarkets).
  • kardeamad
    Options
    Beef & mushroom burgers, beef & mango burgers, mince, spinach & ricotta canneloni, keema curry, lasagne, stuffed veg, baked pasta,

ok I will stop now :wink:
  • littlsexbomb
    littlsexbomb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i would go with the chilli :smile: