quick and low calorie breakfast ideas

Options
I really want something that will fill me up and prefereably doesn't involve much making as I often stay at my boyfriend's parents house and when I get up for work I'll feel awkward helping myself to their kitchen.

So something quick, easy, maybe even something premade that i can eat at my desk once i get to work?

Thanks!!

Replies

• lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    You can make some breakfast muffins with oatmeal and applesauce, there are several under 100 cal recipes online, pick one that looks good :)
    Most freeze really well and can be defrosted in under one minute in the microwave :)
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    You can make some breakfast muffins with oatmeal and applesauce, there are several under 100 cal recipes online, pick one that looks good :)
    Most freeze really well and can be defrosted in under one minute in the microwave :)

sounds nice,

do you have a recipe?
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like having porridge in the morning, low calorie and a slow burning energy food. :) If you don't want to make it at the house you can buy porridge pots that you simply add hot water to, which you could do at work and eat at your desk. Add a bit of fruit and its TASTY.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    low cal and quick: rice cakes

Although I would suggest eating a much more complete and higher calorie breakfast (at least 20% of your total calories for the day)
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I eat a Fiber 1 Oats and Chocolate bar (140 cal) every morning w/ a giant coffee w/ a splash of skim milk and 2 splendas. I love it!! I'm totally hooked!! It's super filling (from fiber) and tastes so decadent and sinful... lol. Hope this helps! Some people aren't into granola bars but i love this one! Best of luck!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :D
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I second the porridge idea. Also, oatmeal (make sure it's not loaded with lots of sugar), and creme of wheat. all those can have fruit added or even nuts and they are yummy.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    low fat yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit. Usually fills me up for a few hours!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i have been eating the delights jimmy dean egg white breakfast sandwiches at work only 280 cals and 18 grams protien I have no time to "cook" in the morning
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    KAshi go lean original cereal. Don't even necessarily have to have with milk. Literally bursting with protein and fiber to keep you full
  • gailashton
    Options
    Most mornings I have an omelet with egg beaters or egg starts, a pile of fresh spinish, salsa, maybe some black beans or thin & trim ham for added protein and 1 tablespoon of light cheese. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to make, is very filliing and anywhere from 120 to 150 calories depending on what you put in it. It makes me feel like I'm cheating. Sometimes I even make then ahead of time and just pop em in the microwave. On an off day I put egg whites in my oatmeal before i cook it to add some protein.
  • allenlisa
    Options
    Shakeology! With a Banana and PB2! I can't live without it!
  • ldc1123
    Options
    For a quick and healthy snack that holds your hunger down, try a couple WASA crackers (I like the Multi Grain) with reduced fat peanut butter. You're getting some protein and low carbs. I keep a jar of peanut butter and WASA crackers in my office for those days I didn't get to have my protein shake for breakfast at home.
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Linda44089
    Linda44089 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink Weight and Inches Protein Shakes for breakfast. 200 cal and delicious!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love low carb protein (chocolate), almond milk, and PB.... its wonderful.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal

Thomas has some higher fiber english muffins, add a little peanut butter and some sugar free preserves or jelly

I've also done some of the Jimmy Dean biscuits (I like the turkey sausage ones) and Tennessee Pride has a turkey sausage one, too. They only take a minute in the microwave and are in the 210-280 calorie range, but you need to watch the sodium content on all those -- they tend to be pretty high.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I too have Shakeology - half scoop with a tablespoon of nutella. You can mix it with water, although I use skim milk for a creamier taste...and I have a personal size blender. YUMMY!