Workout equipment

Options
Elliptical Bike - Outdoor + Indoor | StreetStrider
https://www.streetstrider.com/

Has anyone tried one of these? Or know anyone that has?

mv8679tbadgi.png

Replies

• M93KG
    M93KG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The thing looks like it’s awesome for cruising around, but for exercise I’m skeptical.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I saw someone riding (stepping???) a bicycle (2 wheel) version of that yesterday and have read stories of people doing big distances on ElliptiGO outdoor ellipticals as in hundreds of miles over multiple days.

Unless someone has balance problems not sure why they would pick a tricycle as it will be harder work, be heavier, take up more road and garage space, be slower.

It's going to be a less efficient over a given distance than a comparable bicycle/tricycle as you are weight bearing so would expect bigger calorie burns per mile but still a relatively efficent way to cover miles.

It looks like fun which is a great benefit to getting regular exercise.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    M93KG wrote: »
    The thing looks like it’s awesome for cruising around, but for exercise I’m skeptical.

Yeah that's why I was asking if anyone on here has actually tried one or know someone that has?
  • packersfan0103
    edited August 2020
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I saw someone riding (stepping???) a bicycle (2 wheel) version of that yesterday and have read stories of people doing big distances on ElliptiGO outdoor ellipticals as in hundreds of miles over multiple days.

Unless someone has balance problems not sure why they would pick a tricycle as it will be harder work, be heavier, take up more road and garage space, be slower.

It's going to be a less efficient over a given distance than a comparable bicycle/tricycle as you are weight bearing so would expect bigger calorie burns per mile but still a relatively efficent way to cover miles.

It looks like fun which is a great benefit to getting regular exercise.

I'm going to look up ElliptiGo. Just trying to think of what else can I don since the gyms are still closed.
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    Nope not the same thing. The street striders handle bars move back and forth like an elliptical. It also has different resistance levels.