Try This, IT WORKS

Options
I have just purchased a large 65 inch stability ball to sit on while I'm at work instead of my chair. I sat on it all day yesterday, and today when I woke up, I could feel it in my butt and my legs. I never thought that what you sit on makes that big of a difference. At first it was wired, but I already love it. It also forces me to get up off my butt more often because it doesn't role around like my chair did. I even did a few crunches during lunch because, hey I was already on my ball, might as well get a couple in.

I hope everyone that can sit on one at work will, because it is GREAT!!!

Replies

• Margy82
    Options
    I have just purchased a large 65 inch stability ball to sit on while I'm at work instead of my chair. I sat on it all day yesterday, and today when I woke up, I could feel it in my butt and my legs. I never thought that what you sit on makes that big of a difference. At first it was wired, but I already love it. It also forces me to get up off my butt more often because it doesn't role around like my chair did. I even did a few crunches during lunch because, hey I was already on my ball, might as well get a couple in.

I hope everyone that can sit on one at work will, because it is GREAT!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I just bought a stability ball a several weeks ago, just because the weather keeps me from going to the gym on some days. I have been really surprised how fun these are to use as far as core exercises go! I think I'll start doing what your doing, as well, and use it to sit on while on my computer. Thanks for the idea!:smile:
  • its time for change
    Options
    Hmmmm, I am going to have to try this while I am at the computer. I'm sure that I won't be on my butt online as often, lol.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi...I have one as well...use it for computer chair and weight training bench.
    Fat Dancer
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I LOVE mine too :happy:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Never thought to put the ball at the computer for a chair! Gonna go grab it right now, hopefully my bum will hurt tomorrow too! and i mean that! :happy:
  • its time for change
    Options
    I moved my ball in here and I am sitting on it right now. Obviously, it needs to be inflated. lol
  • leshik21
    leshik21 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • healthhero
    healthhero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is also great for kids with ADHD to sit on while they are doing homework. They can move around on the ball and it can help them concentrate on their work.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Stability balls (sometimes called fitness balls or exercise balls) are great for the core.
  • lgrsmith
    Options
    HealthHero, My son has ADHD and I think thats a really good idea. I have never thought of that one.