The Diamond Challenge: Round 5: Wk 3 - Little Diamond's

Options
Okay, everyone here is the new thread for week 3. Our QOTD presenter will be Amanda based on the calendar that Jamaica created.

If you are interested, you are more than welcome to check out the forum for my group Shining Diamonds :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/335001-the-diamond-challenge-shining-diamonds-wk-3-round-5?hl=Shining+Diamonds+(Wk+3&page=2#posts-4513024

Replies

• blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting for us!
  • balowry1
    Options
    Thanks!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Who's turn is it to QOTD?
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry if the QOTD is late, was'nt sure where to put it but found the new thread when I woke up this morning :smile:

QOTD, What is your favorite fast and easy healthy snack. I'm a real snacker and am always on the lookout for new, easy and yummy things to snack on!!
  • balowry1
    Options
    QOTD, What is your favorite fast and easy healthy snack. I'm a real snacker and am always on the lookout for new, easy and yummy things to snack on!!

I eat fresh fruit and veggies. Yogurt is another choice. Wheat thins and dip. My hubby puts triscuits, meat, cheese and wasabi together.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Depends what I want to have - a raw bell pepper or banana if I want fruit/veggies is good for me, I don't like carrots THAT much and anything you have to cut up makes it not-convenient. if I want to add some more flavor/texture/protein/calories in general to that I use hummus and veggies or hummus and the wasa Crisp'n'light 7 grain crackers.

for something to keep in the car or purse as an emergency snack I like the luna protein bars or a clif bar if I've got the calories for it. I wish I'd had something on me today, I ended up eating a little bag of chips because I was SO HUNGRY this afternoon.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies!!
    First off...can someone let me know what day I have...for whatever reason I can't read the calender :-)

AND for the QoTD...

grapes and stringster cheese...LOVE it!! lil bite of one...lil bite of the other :-)
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

veggies and hummus (my favorite!!!), or apples & peanut butter... or... fruit.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Hmm... air popped popcorn is definitely a contender. I can eat 2 cups for 120 cals (or 1 for 60!!!!!) It's WAY better than the microwaved stuff. Granola bars and greek yogurt are also favorites.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I keep chicken salad and tuna salad on hand for quick healthy snacks. I always have cheese sticks of quick snacks.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry if the QOTD is late, was'nt sure where to put it but found the new thread when I woke up this morning :smile:

I love popcorn! They have Popcorners that are like rice cakes kinda but thinner and crispier. Special K has tons of delicious little snack bars and crisps. I eat a lot of fresh veggies... Sugar Snap Peas are my current favorite. And hummas, I absolutely love hummas!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options

My favorite snack is stuffed avocado - feta cheese, and sundried tomatoes.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Good morning everyone!

My favorite snacks are fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as granola bars.
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD, What is your favorite fast and easy healthy snack. I'm a real snacker and am always on the lookout for new, easy and yummy things to snack on!!

My favourite is probably fruit, but I'll also make popcorn or veggies and hummus. I'll eat apples with peanut butter if I'm wanting carbs and protein.

Plus, I think I just found my new favourite dessert. I froze a banana in slices, and tossed it in a blender with some milk and a touch of chocolate syrup. It tastes amazing!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD, What is your favorite fast and easy healthy snack. I'm a real snacker and am always on the lookout for new, easy and yummy things to snack on!!

My favourite is probably fruit, but I'll also make popcorn or veggies and hummus. I'll eat apples with peanut butter if I'm wanting carbs and protein.

Plus, I think I just found my new favourite dessert. I froze a banana in slices, and tossed it in a blender with some milk and a touch of chocolate syrup. It tastes amazing!
    Frozen Blueberries work well for this too!
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Frozen Blueberries work well for this too!

Mmm, I imagine strawberries and nectarines are good too. I have a feeling I'll be eating a lot of these in the next little while. I better go freeze a bunch of bananas!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I tend to use fruit and fat free yoghurt as my snacks. My go to truit are either Clemintines or Red Delicious apples! Yum

I heard that if you put a banana in the freezer then munch on it, it can substitute the need for ice cream (hmmmm... I will need to give it a go to find out!) Frozen mango chucked into a blender with low fat natural yoghurt and some water also makes an awesome and filling drink!
  • Rubyjjones
    Options

My response:
    Peanuts!
  • twistedsista0408
    Options

I've been craving almonds lately, so my latest snack has been a box of raisins with about 5 almonds. It gives me the taste of trail mix!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I love the 0% fat yogurt that is 35 cals per individual container (Source brand I think)....I eat them all the time. I also love the 100 cal fiber one granola bars - so convenient! I make the frozen bananas in the blender too - we add a spoon of peanut butter - so yummy - my little guy loves it! And any kind of skinny cow frozen treat - yum!

2 new snack/dessert options I have had lately....
    1 - slice banana in bowl - add 1 tsp low fat becel margarine and 1 tsp splenda brown sugar - microwave for 1 minute - so delish! I want to try this with thin sliced apples instead of bananas!
    2 - 1 vita top chocolate muffin top - toasted, topped with frozen yogurt - oh my gosh - this is heaven!