5'7" ???

Options
Is there anyone else around this height that has been working on a significant amount of weight loss? When did you start to see progress... not just on a scale ... but in your own eyes? I was just wondering this....

Replies

• mcmcgowan
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7 and currently 168lbs. I'm trying to lose anywhere from 25 to 30lbs. I haven't seen much loss on the scale... I do see a change in how my clothes fit and some definition. Around week 4 was when I saw a difference. I'm at week 6 right now... hoping to see more... Good luck!!
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am!

I can see it but it took quite a while
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I would have to say it depends on how much you have to lose. I would hope that within 2-4 weeks you would see improvements and notice the difference in how you feel.

Are you taking pics and measurments? It is a good idea to do that every 4-6 weeks.. The scale can be an evil *kitten* and you may need other ways to validate your efforts.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    It depends on a couple of things, your starting weight and your frame size.

I started at 253lb...17lbs down I noticed a bit of a change but not as much as i'd have liked....30lbs and there was a definite change that others started to see. I Still don't see a HUGE difference even now but I think that could be due to the fact that my boobs have not lost any and looking down looks no different...need a full length mirror I guess!

I would advise taking pictures even i they are only for your eyes...I didnt, couldn't bear to look but I wish I had.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started out at 260 lbs. Honestly, it probably took 30-40 pounds before I started really feeling like I was making progress (because I was ready for smaller clothes).

Trust me on this - take measurements and before pictures right away. I didn't do either in the beginning and I'm kicking my own rear end because of it. It's nice to see the numbers on the scale move but I wish I had some other way of showing how far I've come too because that number isn't the be all end all as our bodies change.

Be patient - you can do it!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on your definition of a "significant" amount of weight to lose!

I started MFP at 175 pounds and size 14 (US). It took me 10 pounds (165) until I noticed a difference in myself and 15 pounds until people started commenting on my weight loss.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Also, I should have added...this link has a photo of me at 175 and one at 155. I didn't notice a huge difference in how I looked until I saw the photo comparison.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x451/ih8ham/2010to2011.jpg
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5 and curently weigh 164 lbs. I started at 180 lbs on May 1st. I got more serious about it in July. When I hit 167 lbs, other people noticed. I couldnt' tell by looking at myself UNTIL I tried on pants that didn't fit last year and they now fit!!!!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree it depends on your frame/where you carry your weight. I started at 165 and I think people started commenting once I hit the low 150s. SO like 15 lbs, but most of that was from my face/torso which I guess is obvious for people to see.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started around 215-225 (not sure the exact number) and I didn't start to notice a difference until I was around 185, probably mostly because that was when I had to start buying new clothes. As far as seeing a difference myself and really being able to tell-well right now I've been hovering between 150-155 and I'd say this is probably the first time I've truly looked at myself and felt I look different than I used to. I'm very proportionate which is a blessing and a curse as its hard to see weight coming on or off. I think I only see it now as I can really start to see more muscle definition. I agree with the idea of picutures, I really wish I had some before pics to look at now!