Worst date

Options
_canadianbakin_
_canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
Come on, we've all had 'em. What is the worst date you have been on?
I have too many to list but one that comes to mind is the guy that showed up drunk (he also had his friends drive him and stay at the pub).

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have two. Both I met on dating sites.

The one spit when he talked and every one of his stories started with "I was so drunk"

The other one looked nothing like his pictures and I didn't recognize him at first. He must have used really old pictures
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I went out with someone I met online once. he was very noticeably under the influence of something, and his energy was pretty unsettling. when it was time to pay, I put my card down to pay for my portion. He asked if I wanted to go back with him to his place, to which I declined. He ended up putting my card in his wallet and told me if I wanted it back I would have to join him for a drink at his home. I was unamused, asked for it back, and he kept refusing. Finally I just looked at him, opened my bank app, and reported the card stolen. He followed me to my car and told me I needed to "lighten up" and "live a little".

look i said i was sorry jeez
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I went out with someone I met online once. he was very noticeably under the influence of something, and his energy was pretty unsettling. when it was time to pay, I put my card down to pay for my portion. He asked if I wanted to go back with him to his place, to which I declined. He ended up putting my card in his wallet and told me if I wanted it back I would have to join him for a drink at his home. I was unamused, asked for it back, and he kept refusing. Finally I just looked at him, opened my bank app, and reported the card stolen. He followed me to my car and told me I needed to "lighten up" and "live a little".

That's crazy, I would of got the staff and police involved.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

thankfully it didn't escalate and I am immensely confident in my self-defense abilities. I think he was just a drunk/high asshat who hasn't been told "no" often. plus, the look on his face when I showed him that I reported the card stolen was priceless.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

thankfully it didn't escalate and I am immensely confident in my self-defense abilities. I think he was just a drunk/high asshat who hasn't been told "no" often. plus, the look on his face when I showed him that I reported the card stolen was priceless.

You are awesome. I never think of good responses in the moment like that!

What a *kitten*.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Well one of mine, it was probably my fault it was so bad. I met up with this fixie chick...I didnt really plan it that well. I was like, yeah "we can just fang around town a bit and see how it goes". We ended up getting ice cream but I, well both of us... forgot to bring a bike lock and was paranoid about getting my bike stolen. Clearly she didn't understand the value of my bike...it would have never worked out anyway...dodged a bullet!

Yeah, fixie chicks are the worst.

The last chicka I rode with was nails. We had this long climb and then started the decent down a long, steep grade with the wind at our back.

She was just bombing down the hill and I thought, ' yeah let's do this. '

We reach the bottom and I'm a lil' freaked out from the decent, it was fast.... real fast... faster than I was comfortable with for sure.

She had one of those little computer gizmos on her handlebars that measure speed, distance, etc.

I asked her: 'okay, how fast was that?'

She calmly replied: " Sixty One Miles an Hour "
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on many first dates so I feel grateful for the ones I've been on. Can't complain :D
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Met online. She showed up to the restaurant hammered. Pics were about six years older-- she was now about 40 lb. heavier.

She wanted to make out in front of them patrons...which, I admit, I'm never adverse to. But in this case...uh, had to pass...lol

And this, kids, is why you should never talk to strangers online.
  • Callousedthoughts
    Callousedthoughts Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options

What did you do on the second date?
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    The forums are too PG for my first date. I don't want to get reported .... AGAIN ... TINDER is not a good place

Well now I need to know. Send me a message haha
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yelpat1976 wrote: »
    Come on, we've all had 'em. What is the worst date you have been on?
    I have too many to list but one that comes to mind is the guy that showed up drunk (he also had his friends drive him and stay at the pub).

This sounds responsible to me. Idk