Whats a good diet

Options
here the situation. In 4 foot 10 and currently 145lbs.

I want 100lbs. I was 120 after having my son in 2017, had my tubes tied and it caused pcos and I gained 47lbs. I was 167 lbs and started birth control and lost 22lbs without changing anything. Due to migraines I can no longer take birth control and the weight is coming back. I get really bloated for hours after eating any bread or pasta, I usually eat 2 meals a day and it's not much. I tried to cut carbs but in eating more food than I usually do but I feel hungrier.

Replies

• bbeyer1792
    bbeyer1792 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Create your own positive food management plan. Eat the foods you enjoy every single day. Every frickity frick frick day. Don't dial it down and don't phone it in. Stay present and vitally alive for every single minute of every single day. Lean in and learn how to manage your portions like a boss. You'll get there and enjoy all of the process. CICO. For the WIN.

If carbs make me bloated would I lose more weight at least cutting out bread or pasta
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    That @psychod787. He knows all of the finer points. He sure does. <3
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    PCOS is caused by a hormone imbalance. Having your tubes tied does not affect your hormones unless you also had your ovaries removed which is not common, especially as a form of birth control.

• bbeyer1792
    Options
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    PCOS is caused by a hormone imbalance. Having your tubes tied does not affect your hormones unless you also had your ovaries removed which is not common, especially as a form of birth control.

All of the symptoms started immediately after the tubal, i dont know of they placed the clips too close to the ovaries or something but I didn't have pcos prior.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bbeyer1792 wrote: »

All of the symptoms started immediately after the tubal, i dont know of they placed the clips too close to the ovaries or something but I didn't have pcos prior.

Are you sure it is PCOS? I’m not an expert, but from what I’ve read and experienced PCOS usually starts shortly after puberty or early 20s.
  • bbeyer1792
    Options

Are you sure it is PCOS? I’m not an expert, but from what I’ve read and experienced PCOS usually starts shortly after puberty or early 20s.

yes. I was diagnosed by an endocrinologist. The birth control pills helped all of my symptoms and I was losing weight without dieting or anything, but after trying 4 different brands and them all causing daily migraines, they took me off of it for fear of a stroke and I can't use anything with estrogen in it.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,987 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Create your own positive food management plan. Eat the foods you enjoy every single day. Every frickity frick frick day. Don't dial it down and don't phone it in. Stay present and vitally alive for every single minute of every single day. Lean in and learn how to manage your portions like a boss. You'll get there and enjoy all of the process. CICO. For the WIN.

If carbs make me bloated would I lose more weight at least cutting out bread or pasta

A low(er) carb diet is often recommended for PCOS. Your endocrinologist or a registered dietician may be able to help with this.

(By the way, I'm 4'9" and was 190 lbs. at my heaviest. Diagnosed with PCOS/Type 2 Diabetes. Ignored it WAY too long for various reasons. Currently, I fluctuate between 97-101. Just wanted to encourage you that you CAN do this.)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options