Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Have you ever ___________?

Replies

• cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Yes, I've had some jobs and had a uniform. Also as a young child to our school.

HYE met someone you really admired like a musician, author, celebrity etc?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I've met a few - no all ones that I 'really admired', but I do remember meeting/talking with Cheryl Ladd when I was a teen and thinking I was the luckiness person alive that day lol!

HYE been mistaken for a celebrity?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes once long ago. It was sort of funny, I really didn't think we looked that much alike but I guess we had similar features.

HYE driven a motorcycle?
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,426 Member
    Nope

HYE driven a manual car (from what i understand it's rare in USA, here it's common)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Yes, learned to drive and taught my kids to drive stick 😀

Have you ridden a motorcycle? 🏍️
  • cugogirl2017
    Elcee2020 wrote: »
    Yes once long ago. It was sort of funny, I really didn't think we looked that much alike but I guess we had similar features.
    Would you be so kind and say, who?😊

Oh yes of course it was singer Emmylou Harris. It was a funny story. It was many years ago and I was in college. I went out with my friends after work to a bar/food restaurant. I guess Emmylou Harris had come to our campus for a concert. I wasn't able to go because I had been at work and went to the restaurant with my friends after work. Some people came up to me and thought I was her, I told them I wasn't and they thought I was being a famous person that didn't want to be recognized. I really told them I wasn't her because I didn't want them to think they were being snubbed by a famous person. We often see ourselves differently than other people see us. I think I did feel flattered because I liked Emmylou's music.

No I haven't jet skied yet but I really want to.

HYE taken dance classes?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Have not been on a Jet ski.

Have you been sailing ⛵
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    I have not. I've been deep bay fishin though.

Have you ever seen a wild bear up close?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes many times, black bears although most of them have been brown in color. We have had them on our driveway and on trails. I have found that if you let them be they will turn and walk away back into the trees. You should give them space. I encountered a mama bear and her two cubs right on my driveway near my house. I was with my dog. She looked over her shoulder at her cubs and they both scurried up one of our trees, then she did a mini charge (which is taking a couple of steps forward and stopping short and standing up) toward me. I spoke to her calmly and said, "Mama you take care of your cubs and I will bring my cub (dog) into our house". She studied me for a moment and I guided my dog away a little bit but I still had to pass her to get safely into my house. She watched me and when she was satisfied that I was only entering my home, she went back to her cubs that were still playing in the tree. I live in an area where we are all extremely careful of not putting our trash cans out until trash collection morning using bear proof containers etc. I have had many encounters and I keep a safe distance. Although it can be scary, they are majestic and I am really have a respect and awe of wildlife and I believe in protecting them for future generations. (Sorry for the long explanation.)

HYE seen a bear in the wild?
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    No

Have you ever hiked the Appalachian trail?

I have but not the whole thing.

Have you ever touched a live shark in the ocean?

• cugogirl2017
    No, not yet, I hope to do that it looks so beautiful.

HYE moved to a place and had to learn a new language?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    I havent

Have you had to communicate with someone at work who speaks a different language?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes, almost every day. I am not fluent but I can speak Spanish.

HYE played a round of golf?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Yes, not well though 🤷🏼‍♀️

HYE been on a sailboat?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Havent

Have you been on a Speed boat?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Yes, I like going fast but not so much on water,
    scared me!

HYE visited another country?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Only Mexico 🇲🇽

Have you walked across the Border?

• Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    No and I've only been over the Canadian border

HYE been to Canada?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I'm here now

HYE hosted a friend's valentine's party?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes because it was also my friends birthday on Valentine's Day so it was a surprise party for her too.

HYE had a surprise birthday party thrown in your honor?