No attraction left

Options
I thought losing a ton of weight would make my wife find me attractive, but I feel worthless that she doesn't even give me a second look.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    *snip* you need to talk to her and find out where her head is at. If her perception of you has soured it is most likely on a level that exceeds physical appearance. If it has not soured it may have nothing to do with you and everything to do with her and how she perceives herself or something happening in her world. *more snip*

This part 👍🏿
    noah49822 wrote: »
    I really just feel like she has no interest in general, I'm sure there are bigger issues, but it's still frustrating!! Infuriating actually. She shows zero interest in me anymore

That part 👎🏿

Not thumbing down your feelings but how it's making you feel. Now...can you imagine how she feels too?

There's no way around the talking part. Be gentle and patient with each other. COVID-19 is really out here stressing marriages but don't succumb if there's a chance to salvage this in a mutually beneficial way for you both.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Noah, I remember your posts. No one has to live in our body. Our transformation is just not about looks. I do remember what you've said as you were working so very hard. Keep making this about you. Let's just take a moment to appreciate your achievements.

Your body is the greatest friend you will ever have in this life. Our body stands faithfully beside us as we do anything we want to it. It's there. Trying so very hard to please and accommodate us through thick and thin. Good times and bad, sad times. It's right there. Your body is the best friend you're ever going to have so treat it with kindness and all of the love you can muster from within. Your body offers UP peaceful resistance as we put it through all kinds of multi-cr@p. Our bodies are nothing but pure love. So go ahead and love the smithereens right out of your body. You won't be getting another one.

Noah. Love yourself. Start there and rest will fall into place. Keep leading by your example.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Speaking only in general here. When anyone wants us to go along for their ride and there's addictive behavior attached to it, it's controlling. Misery may want company but we just can't go there. When someone withdraws from us because we won't go along for their ride you've got to maintain your own balance. Find your balance.

When someone chooses to entertain themselves with food rewards for the rest of their lives and they withdraw or react in negative ways we must maintain our boundaries. Boundaries are good or others can walk all over us.

Distorted thinking = distorted behaviors. We have one body and no one has to live in it but us. Start thinking waaaay down the road. This body takes care of you and allows you to provide for your families and children. They depend on you to be there for them. Without you and your body there is no provision and shelter.

Immediate gratification and entertaining ourselves with food rewards is a distraction. Do you want to reach the end of life and look back at all of the missed opportunities. All addictive behaviors result in regret at some particular point in time.

Keep fighting for your lives. We are in a battle. Emotions and logical reasoning. We can't fix distorted thinking and distorted behaviors by going along for their ride, too. As my father says, we've got to use our heads besides something to part our ears with.
  • danieltkeller
    danieltkeller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Sadly. The first truth of weight loss is... It won't fix your life.

BING! This is more true than we will ever give credit. Someone who loves you for how you look...doesn't love you. As others have said, be proud of your accomplishments and what it means for the care you are taking of you! With that pride will eventually come confidence.

And as I have had to learn through much heartache: It's not you, it's her.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Well she told me she wants a divorce this morning, so I guess that tells me everything I need to know.
    I’m SO sorry. I was there a few months back. I was crushed. Please remember, life goes on, and so will you, even if it may take work to glue the pieces back together. Take care of yourself!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, she may have moved on emotionally, especially if she's on her phone a lot and doesn't talk or connect with you in any meaningful way. My husband was emotionally absent for at least a year before he left, and I'm now convinced he was playing the field. See if she'll discuss the issue with you like a caring adult or just deflect and project. That will tell you if she's done with you in her heart and just working on a smooth exit strategy. Sorry if that hurts, but I wish I knew that a year ago. Hugs! Life goes on.

From my experience, this rings true. Many ladies and guys won't leave until they have another person picked out. I am sorry bubba that she wants a divorce. They are NOT easy. There will be times when you just want to give up and go back to your old ways. DON'T! Find a reason to keep fighting for yourself.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I thought losing a ton of weight would make my wife find me attractive, but I feel worthless that she doesn't even give me a second look.

I didn't read any of the comments besides this so if this was already addressed I apologize. honestly all I want to do is move from behind my keyboard to hug you but I know that's not possible.
    Communication and connection is everything in a relationship. Some things to ask yourself: How have you expressed that this bothers you to her? Is she is supporting you in your journey? Does she even know this is important to you? Hell, do you know and support her in the things that she does or is into?
    I'm not necessarily looking for you to answer these questions for me or anyone here but more so for you to determine if this relationship is worth saving by opening that line of communication again or if it's one of those things that doesnt seem worth fighting for.
    I truly hope this is just a rough patch..

One additional question that im curious about: are you getting more outside attention that youve noticed? (Double takes on the street, compliments from friends/family/strangers, e tc) i understand this isnt the same as from your wife; but if it is happening, please take some comfort in the fact that you're progress isnt wasted.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Awhile back, it was the food thing that was an issue. That must have been just a smokescreen.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Well she told me she wants a divorce this morning, so I guess that tells me everything I need to know.

The first truth of life is... Familiarity breeds contempt.

There's something that attracted her to you once...others will find it too.
    Look for support groups in your area. A Shared pain is lessened.
    Living well is the best revenge. Live well my friend and remember you are not alone.