Negative Net Calories

Options
Is is bad to have negative net calories at the end of the day???? I also wonder how the negative net calories are affecting my weight loss????

Replies

• smcrimmon12
    smcrimmon12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is.
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    So you burn off additional calories more than you eat?

I am not a fine one to talk about this as well, this has happened to me, although only once or twice. Now I am netting around 200-300 calories a day! I am working on improving this because when I don't exercise for a day I don't want to pile all the weight on. Need to get used to a healthy intake, I am 100% not at it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is is bad to have negative net calories at the end of the day???? I also wonder how the negative net calories are affecting my weight loss????

yes, its bad, and it will lead to you not being able to lose weight at all.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    WOW really? THATS BAD! You SHOULD be netteing ATLEAST 1200 ., your poor body has into starvation mode. i eating between 1200-1600 net calories/day .. sometimes more.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Try to NET what MFP tells you to. Otherwise your metabolism is likely to slow to a crawl. Once in a while won't kill you, though.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So you burn off additional calories more than you eat?

I am not a fine one to talk about this as well, this has happened to me, although only once or twice. Now I am netting around 200-300 calories a day! I am working on improving this because when I don't exercise for a day I don't want to pile all the weight on. Need to get used to a healthy intake, I am 100% not at it.

No kidding, 200-300 net a day is starvation.
  • ShortNSassy4
    Options
    I feel so bad that my poor body is starving. I just realized that there were days when I was in the negative calorie range. Thanks for all the advice luvs!!!! I really appreciate it!!!! I definitely plan to pay more attention now!!!!
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    Peanut Butter is high in calories and can help you out with reaching your daily goal!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I suggest you continue learning as much as you can... you can find a wealth of information here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I particularly like the one titled your bodies thoughts on calories

Good luck on your journey and happy reading!

:drinker: