Taking back some control.

Options
Hi all, I joined a while ago but am back following some health problems. I am learning to live with my new reality and hope to take back some control starting with losing some weight. I cant do much exercise yet so hope logging everything here will keep me accountable.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I joined a while ago but am back following some health problems. I am learning to live with my new reality and hope to take back some control starting with losing some weight. I cant do much exercise yet so hope logging everything here will keep me accountable.

Logging is my accountability system. It is also how I maintain awareness. I lost my first 80 pounds with only try to move around the house more and no structured exercise. In hindset I should have been working on strength training more but I can't do anything about the past.
  • DeliciousAmbiguity1
    DeliciousAmbiguity1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear. Well done on the weight loss. I hope logging everything has the same effect for me. As you say we can't change the past but I plan to step in to the future confidently. 😁
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear. Well done on the weight loss. I hope logging everything has the same effect for me. As you say we can't change the past but I plan to step in to the future confidently. 😁

I think it depends on the person. I see a lot of people here asking for accountability partners but I am unsure how that really works. I have done well (so far) just being accountable to myself.

For quite some time I pre-logged my food but I rarely do that now unless I am eating food from a restaurant that I do not know.

Always remember that yesterday IS the past. We can only live today. If yesterday ended well or it ended not so great it is over. We can only control the outcome of today. You do not need to be perfect or even lose weight every day. You only need to be good enough and lose weight most days. I have lost an enormous amount of weight at this point and I had my share of weak days, avoidable mistakes, and days I willingly chose not to lose weight because of special occasions like holidays, vacations, etc.