Struggling eating and uncontrollable belching?

Options
So recently I have been struggling to eat a full meal I keep getting very full quickly and pains in my tummy. Whenever I eat or drink I get uncontrollable burping this has been happening for months from the first thing I eat or drink all day I will be burping none stop through out the day and a lot of times it makes me throw up. My stomach is also sore and hard and very swollen constantly. Just wondering does this sound like indigestion? I have tried to see a doctor before everyone comments to see a doctor and just keep getting unless it’s an emergency I will have to wait. So just looking for some decent advice no comments on people telling me to go to the doctors or not ask strangers on the internet. Just want some suggestions thanks

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Email your doctor. All my appointments thus far have been either on the phone or with email. Your doctor needs to know what is going on.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    This is a medical emergency so you should be able to at least talk to a physician if not visit their office. Someone should be identifying what this problem is, especially after 3 months. Meanwhile, have you checked out allergies? For example, do you start the day with some food, be it milk or juice or whatever? If so, it may be setting you up for a day of stomach troubles. Try elimination for a week at a time. And, yes, you can become allergic to something that never bothered you before.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    lactose intolerant?
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Eating too many high FODMAP foods?
    But for months ; seems unlikely.
    New food sensitivities? Our bodies change as we age.
    Too many greasy foods or carbonated drinks? Again, since you’re on MFP, I doubt this is the cause.

You already know what you need to do....and you asked us not to say it, so I won’t.

Take care
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You know what you need to do. Come on.

No, that does not sound like indigestion at all. Minus the burping, it sounds similar to the symptoms I experienced with stress-induced pancreatitis, but there are several things this could be. All of those things are very serious and should not be ignored. I'm not sure what you expect a bunch of strangers on the internet to tell you.
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Weird, I’ve had something really similar to that for a bit over a month. I’m not exactly burping with a burp noise but exhaling or quietly releasing huge bursts of air with no sound and I also get random hiccups but not fits of hiccups, just one then maybe 3 hours later another one. Sometimes I feel like I just ate a huge Thanksgiving dinner and am so full when I haven’t eaten all day. Sometimes I feel nauseous but not to the point where I have to throw up. I drink a lot of ginger tea and take ginger supplements that help. It started suddenly and I thought I had food poisoning. The first two days were the worst, then it tapered to tolerable but odd, and now I’m just kind of used to it. I’m wondering if this is Covid related. In March I had what my doctor thinks might be a mild case of Covid with some of the more unusual symptoms like loss of smell and an eye infection that I’m STILL having problems with and supposedly some symptoms can last a long time, even after testing negative. Doctors are still finding all kinds of crazy symptoms. I was thinking of emailing my doctor this week to see if he knows what it could be. To be honest, I like that it takes away my appetite but realize it’s possibly something to be concerned about. We should both definitely contact our doctors just in case.
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Also for temporary relief, try some bread or crackers. For me, it almost feels like there’s some substance causing all the gas and soaking it up like a sponge can help. Ginger can also help. But definitely contact your doctor! Three months is too long! Also see if you can get tested for Covid antibodies.