SUCCESS!! **lots of pics**

Options

Replies

• myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You look, and no doubt, FEEL fantastic! Way to work hard, be determined, and reach your goals!!!! Congratulations!
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic. Thanks for all the pictures and your story--truly inspiring!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    amazing job! And I love your arms!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning! You've just inspired me to try and do a bit more with weights.

Best to you!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
    I love the guns!!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to post my official "Success Story". I've made it to my goal weight range and I am now transitioning from "losing weight" to "maintaining". I couldn't have done it without the support of my dear husband and my fantastic MFP friends.

In 2008 I gained 50+ pounds while pregnant with my second child (I only gained 20 with the first and lost it all). I went from 134 lbs to 183+ (that is when I stopped counting). That was a TON of weight on my small 5'2 frame. See below:
    may92008a.jpg

After having my sweet little butterball I dropped from 183+ lbs to 147 lbs. Then the sight of my saggy skin kept me from losing more and I purposely gained weight to try and "fill" it out. That didn't look good either. I was hovering between 157-162 lbs and felt terrible. I'd been telling myself for years that I wanted to be the "best me I could be" by the time I reached 30. On my 29th birthday I decided that I would FINALLY do something (and not just half-*kitten* it this time). I knew that I wouldn't be happy with the skin that I was left with (carefully hidden in the picture below) and decided that I needed a tummy tuck in order to feel comfortable with myself. Thankfully I have an amazingly supportive husband who supports my decision 100%.

successw.jpg

In January, I started working out a few days a week and tracking my calories on MFP. I also joined my first 12 week challenge. I even joined a weightloss support group (it was a waste of money because I learned more and received more support through MFP). In February I started INSANITY, finished all 60 days and immediately started TurboFire (I also started my own 12 week challenge). After 12 weeks of TurboFire I started P90X (but still did TurboFire for cardio) and started my second 12 week challenge. I will finish my first round of P90X next week and then I will immediately start 12 weeks of P90X/TurboFire Hybrid which will last until December 11th (and yes, I'll be in another 12 week challenge). I'll have my tummy tuck on December 12 and will have officially met all of my goals in time for my 30th birthday on December 12th.

slide3p.jpg
    slide4hd.jpg
    slide5x.jpg

:bigsmile: Important things I learned in these 8 months:
    1) Not only do you need to watch the calories, you need to watch where they are coming from.
    2) Don't be afraid of lifting weights, your body needs lean muscle to burn calories and fat
    3) Cardio alone will not do the job, you need diet, cardio, weights/strength training, and flexibility (stretching)
    4) How the clothes fit and how you feel is more important than the number on the scale
    5) There is no "easy way" or "quick fix". What works for me may not work for you and what works for you may not work for me. You have to try hard and work hard every day.
    6) Messing up does not mean you are a failure, it just means you are still learning.
    7) There is no such thing as foods that are off-limits (I'm not on a "diet)...if what I'm eating/doing is not something that I can maintain for the long haul, then I am bound to fail. I choose to make healthy choices but I will not deny myself something I love forever.

:flowerforyou: Thanks to all of my AMAZING MFP friend that have been with me all the way. The 12 week challenges have kept me accountable and the friends I have made have supported me every step of the way!!!

dscf3370.jpg
    Yes, I am officially "that girl" that flexes in the mirror about 50 times a day. :laugh:

**Forgive me for being long winded. :wink:

So inspirational! I love your list of facts :)
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome and very inspiring to us all!!!!! Great work :)
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    Inspiring!! I seriously wanna be like you when I grow up! :wink:

LOL! Me too! You rock! You really have inspired me! :bigsmile:
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Amazin job and good luck on your surgery. :flowerforyou:
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats...........super cool!!!!
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look so AMAZING!! Great job on all of the hard work!
  • Linshizzle
    Options
    SOOO VERY AWESOME!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE TIPS AND PICS!!! BTW if i had guns like that, I would flex in any reflection I could find LOL
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Great job :)
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    Awesome job! Thank you for sharing :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Great Work!! You look awesome!! My motivation for the day! I'm going to be "that girl" soon!!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, you look fantastic. I also like the before and after with the same outfit all those year that have gone by. Gook look to you!!!
  • AJ1119
    Options
    CONGRATS!! You look great!
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow! One of the most inspirational before/after I've seen! Congratulations - you must feel amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!