Is this true?

Options
Does sore muscles mean you will have some water weight ? Should I wait to weigh in until my musles are not sore?

Replies

• RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes, weigh yourself after you have had 24 to 48 hours of recovery when you don’t have water weight from DOMS.
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well I never knew that! You learn something new every day 👍
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm with everyone else. Weigh daily, don't put a lot of stock in the numbers as long as they're trending in the direction desired over time.

I ate 4000 extra calories in the past three days. You can bet that extra weight will drop back off, but I expect it to stay up for a while.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    There are also so many other reasons why your body might hold onto more water, like hormonal fluctuations (ovulation, menstruation, stress), traveling and especially flights, drinking too little, a new workout, more salt, and lots of other reasons. It's just normal.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree weighing in daily would be beneficial. I'm still trying to learn not to stress about the number. I'm getting there I'm not as bad as I use to be
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the article below, linked in this thread yet. Some of y'all who are just learning about water fluctuations will get some good, useful info if you read it.

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I personally see 0 benefit in weighing daily. It’s obsessive imo. I weigh weekly on the same day each week before breakfast. I know that if I’m sore, my weight will be up a little and I don’t sweat it.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I did daily weigh ins because I loved the stats and found the fluctuations a bit facinating, I’m weird like that. I would try to guess where I would be as the numbers processed based on activity, food, and how I felt. Now I still try to weigh daily (close to goal weight), sometimes I don’t remember, other times I forget to log for a few days in a row so I try to remember (not always successfully so I have gaps), but I don’t stress.