Outwit the Chubby~ ☆SKINNYS☆~Sept Tribal Challenge (clos

Options

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    kdmallon, You had an amazing transformation in just a month! You look incredible! You should be soooo proud! I know I am!

And I wanted to add, I just bought some cocoa butter (I lost my other one in my two moves) and I hadn't put it on in awhile. I was putting it on my love handles and just noticed how they are barely there compared to how they use to be! NSV?!?
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    SKINNYs RULE!!!!!

u2fergus no worries...you're on a journey. You have made a life change and you are not finished yet. Look at tha health assessment as a baseline. Next year, next physical you'll be able to see just how far you've come.

kdmallon wow! You go girl!!!! You are just melting away.

Keep it up SKINNYs our journey to a better life has just begun :)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello all...

Exercise challenges for this week... done! :bigsmile:

We're weighing in on Wednesdays in September, right? I hope so... that is always my best day, for some reason. I know it can't just be me, because Share mentioned it's her best day, too.

Kdmallon... your pics are AMAZING. You must be so proud... you look awesome, and after just a month, too!! You rock.

Heofon and I are off to Cedar Point tomorrow... I'm kind of excited because the last time I was there several years ago, I weighed 21 pounds more than I do now, and I know I'm not going to look quite as bad this time around in those stupid photos they always take of you when you're going down the big hill on the Magnum. THAT, my friends, is a good feeling, and definitely worth all the sweat and sore muscles. :glasses:
  • szczepj
    Options
    Hope you have fun at Cedar Point! :) Wtg being 21 pounds lighter, you'll feel great :)

Just finished this week's challenges. :) Since I'm doing 500 crunches a day I had to do 550. Worth it.
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, been a busy weekend. Sorry I wasn't online much. All exercises are done and I've done at LEAST 2 5ks this weekend so psyched about the bonus points. I'll need them since life has been getting in the way of my food choices this weekend.

U2fergus~your totally moving in the right direction. Change is a slow process and your sending your body the right message. Keep up the good work, your doing so awesome. I'm proud of you!

Kemal on~those pics are INCREDABLE!!! I can't believe the transformation!

Szczepj~ that's awesome! Total NSV!

While I've stayed within my calories this weekend, I'm having a hard time with traditions this weekend. Apple picking with the kids and trying to turn down fresh kettle corn and cider donuts.... Didn't happen. I know I'm doing better than lever have and stayed well within my calories trying to limit my portions, but I'm also up1.5 lbs and want to scream. I know a bit is water from all the sodium, but i'm sorry I let u guys down. I forgot how much it matters even staying within your calories. The county fair today was rough.

I promise to not rest tomorrow and do at least 60 mins of hard cardio/turbo fire.

As far as the weigh in day, I'm now totally confused. I just re-read everything I got from Gary, and it's still confusing. I'm going to have to email him. I thought the first weigh in was next Sunday, but the way the challenges are set up, it DOES look like it's now Wednesday. I love Wednesday weigh ins skid be happy with that. I think it's going to come down to our choice, since this challenge nothing is sent to Gary weekly, it's only sent at the end. Unlike last month. So in reality we can choose, want to vote?
  • kcgslp
    Options
    While I've stayed within my calories this weekend, I'm having a hard time with traditions this weekend. Apple picking with the kids and trying to turn down fresh kettle corn and cider donuts.... Didn't happen. I know I'm doing better than lever have and stayed well within my calories trying to limit my portions, but I'm also up1.5 lbs and want to scream. I know a bit is water from all the sodium, but i'm sorry I let u guys down. I forgot how much it matters even staying within your calories. The county fair today was rough.

I promise to not rest tomorrow and do at least 60 mins of hard cardio/turbo fire.

As far as the weigh in day, I'm now totally confused. I just re-read everything I got from Gary, and it's still confusing. I'm going to have to email him. I thought the first weigh in was next Sunday, but the way the challenges are set up, it DOES look like it's now Wednesday. I love Wednesday weigh ins skid be happy with that. I think it's going to come down to our choice, since this challenge nothing is sent to Gary weekly, it's only sent at the end. Unlike last month. So in reality we can choose, want to vote?

Tracy, you haven't let us down...you are human. It happens to us ALL. Don't beat yourself up about it...I hope you enjoyed the treats and the tradition that I hope will live on for you and your family! We're SKINNYs we know what to do, work it off :)

About the weigh in confusion....I am confused. I know that members of team 11 were submitting their weights today . Also do we start the Week 2 Challenge tomorrow or finish up the original challenges and start week 2 Wednesday??????

Well I'm with you with the 5K bonus...I know I may not be pulling big numbers anymore in weight loss but I can certainly add point by running a 5K everyday!!!
  • tagrady
    Options
    I'm still waiting for clarification from Gary, this month is really confusing having rest day on wednesdays!!

~Captain
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options

On another note... Heofon and I went to get health screenings for his work's health insurance policy. I have never had my glucose or cholesterol checked before and so I didn't know what to expect. I knew the BMI wasn't gonna be good. Still... in the back of my mind, I was hoping that they would somehow miraculously be able to see how far I've come in the past 40 days from where I was when I started MFP and have an encouraging word about that. Needless to say, they didn't, and I got to hear the old familiar "Your BMI is too high... you need to change your diet and incorporate more exercise into your routine." Sigh.

You know what annoys me? When doctors use a standard test for everyone. I once ran a half marathon and had a heck of a time keeping up with some of the other female runners in front of me who were probably a good 100lbs heavier than me and would be considered a very high BMI. Just because you aren't pencil thin doesn't mean you don't eat well and exercise....and it doesn't mean you aren't in shape....pffffffft! :grumble:

And on the other side of the coin, what if your BMI is too low? Do they tell you to go out and eat more because you may have a high metabolism.

Hope you had fun at Cedar Point!!
    Hey girls! Just want to share this photo comparison... wow.

UM WOW!!!!! What an amazing difference in one month -- WOW WOW WOW!!! You keep rockin' it girl!! You are amazing!!

I just returned last night from golf school....it was awesome. I just wish I could take my golf instructor home with me so I can pull him out to remind me of everything he taught me. lol...

I am behind on the challenges because I honestly was wiped out after 10 hours a day at golf school to do anything but raise my vodka cooler to my lips....I figured I was in a calorie deficit and I deserved those coolers :laugh: But I think Gary should credit me 10 hours of golf school instead of the challenges that day LOL

I didn't accurately measure how many miles I walked this weekend but when I asked my husband to figure it out (he has that math kind of brain I don't lol..) He said we definitely did at least 18 miles Friday - Monday so add that in our total!!

~ share
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Let me start with... I hope everyone had a FABULOUS weekend!

Now... the bad. I was rockin it through the weekend. Under calories, doing a little exercise. Then yesterday happened! Well, really, it was my fiance making peanut butter butterscotch chip cookies for a coworker's birthday. HEA-VEN-LY. I literally wanted to fatty out and eat 2 dozen of them. He helped me by not letting me. Even made me spit out and throw away a half that I snuck from the plate while they were cooling!

Anyway, went over calories yesterday and did NOT work them off. Ugh!!! Oh well. The streak had to end sometime! :) It really wasn't a bad day until those cookies.... I only had al ittle bit but that did it in.

I also ended up .2 lbs away from my 30 lb lost by Labor Day goal, but I see it as still being met! I've gained a ton of muscle in places I never had muscle PLUS I have "aunty" visiting this week and I was retaining water like mad over the weekend. On a regular non-digital scale it says over 30, so I like that number!

Today I'm back on course. SKiNNY forever!!
  • szczepj
    Options
    Hey everyone! Checking in, I haven't been posting as much. I'm always kind of around but doing some type of homework or research thing. Busy busy busy. Sad I only lost 1 pound last week but I'm okay with it. But I'm happy I was the same weight monday, drank a couple margaritas and beer over the weekend. Didn't go over calories but was still worried with water weight. :)

Kdmallon, you are doing wonderful! One day isn't going to hurt, I'm proud of you for getting right back into it!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Ok, I don't feel quite so bad about getting behind on the challenges... apparently I'm not the only one that had a really busy weekend. I've still managed to be just under my calories every day, but my exercise hasn't been nearly as intense as usual because I've either been away from home, driving in a car, or busy doing other stuff. So... I'm planning on doing two days' worth of challenges tomorrow, but I just got home from class and I'm too tired to do them right now. Even though I haven't overdone the calories, I'm still not expecting to see a really inspiring number tomorrow because of the flaky activity levels. Oh, well... if there's one thing we've all learned, I think sometimes you just can't control life and it's ok to just roll with it and then get back on track the first chance you get. I promise I WILL get my challenges done this week and I'm sure I'll lose some more weight next week and the weeks to come. But I'm not going to stress about it today, and that is a new thing for me. :smile:
  • tagrady
    Options
    I think it's safe to say we're all working through the challenge of changing our lives.

U2fergus ~ Don't feel bad, do what you can do, stay active, and you'll be fine. 14 lbs is great!

Szczepj~ Great job this weekend! I don't envy you with schoolwork!

Kdmallon~ Don't fret about the cookies, these things will happen. As long as they don't happen every day, you'll be ok! you're doing great so far!!!

Share~ golf school may not count, but that was a hell of a workout!!!

I managed to get off 1.2 lbs out of my 2lb gain so far. So i'm getting there! I HATE that I gained weight, at least I learned and won't do it again! that's for sure! (well probably not till thanksgiving!)

This not starting on a monday thing is really driving me crazy! I really wish this challenge didn't have wednesday as the rest day! I still have not received an answer from Gary, so I'm going to PM him as well. I believe after i've read everything possible to read on the subject that Challenges go from Thursday to Tuesday, rest wednesday and we're still supposed to weigh in on Sunday.... BUT I HOPE I find i'm wrong...because I hate this way.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi Team. Sorry I have been MIA. Life took a crazy, hectic turn for me. I have not even been on the computer much. Last week was work every day and then some meeting or activity with my children every night while packing for a camping trip. Went camping this weekend and had a great (but tiring) time. I am sad to report that I did not stay under my calories all weekend. But I knew that going in, I just did not know that would be last weeks team challenge. I am so sorry team for letting you down. But I wanted to drink this weekend. I do not do that all that often and I went with several other families and we had fun. I did do a lot of walking, biking, and swimming. I actually did an hour run/walk Saturday morning to make up for the alcohol I knew I was going to have Saturday. I did manage that day, but Sunday I am sure I went over. It became too much to try to log it all over the phone. I only managed two of the three of last weeks challenges too. So sorry! Holiday weekend can be a killer to all things routine.

I was right back on Tuesday though, despite a sick child. I was well under my calories and over my water. I did a walk/run yesterday and this morning too (even though I was way too tired). So, I am jumping right back in. I am behind on my challenges because I really did not feel well Monday evening. Then last night, it was 7 by the time I got my daughter from daycare and got home. Made dinner and then had to jump into finding and idea for her third grade science fair project. The idea was due today and since we were busy all weekend, we never thought about it. Then had to help her finish her homework on the way to school this morning. I simply can not keep up. My house is a mess, dinners are quick, homework is rushed. Tonight I go right from work to her dance class and get home again at 7:30. But I promise... I will do Monday and Tuesday's challenges. Then tomorrow I will due Wed & Thurs. I am here. I am dedicated to the team. I do not want to let any of you down. I do not want to let ME down.

Feel free to message me later to make sure I am keeping up!

Oh, and the kicker is, I was up 5.2 lbs yesterday, of which I know most is water retention from drinking alcohol. But today, I figured I would be even or down a bit...nope, up another .4. Put me back at a number I have not seen in months! I sure do hope this is all off by my Friday weigh in...and then some.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ok, just looked up bear walks. They are quite funny looking!!! :bigsmile: Where in the heck are you supposed to do five minutes worth of bearwalks? That is way to embarrassing to do outside on the street (not to mention painful in the hands) and it looks like you need to much room to be able to do it in the house.

Where and how has everybody been doing theirs? And is it wreaking havoc on your sinuses being down like that for so long? I have been having sinus headaches for the last two weeks.
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Ok, just looked up bear walks. They are quite funny looking!!! :bigsmile: Where in the heck are you supposed to do five minutes worth of bearwalks? That is way to embarrassing to do outside on the street (not to mention painful in the hands) and it looks like you need to much room to be able to do it in the house.

Where and how has everybody been doing theirs? And is it wreaking havoc on your sinuses being down like that for so long? I have been having sinus headaches for the last two weeks.

Hey,

I did mine walking from my bedroom down the hall and to the play room one day. One day I did them from the kitchen to the dining room to the family room (when no one was home of course). but let me warn you OUCH!!!!!!
  • szczepj
    Options
    So, I'm still confused about weighing in. I usually don't weigh until Friday and I don't want to change that and start seeing flucuations?
  • u2fergus
    Options
    I am here. I am dedicated to the team. I do not want to let any of you down. I do not want to let ME down.

Oh, and the kicker is, I was up 5.2 lbs yesterday, of which I know most is water retention from drinking alcohol. But today, I figured I would be even or down a bit...nope, up another .4. Put me back at a number I have not seen in months! I sure do hope this is all off by my Friday weigh in...and then some.

Don't worry about it, Karin... we are not worried about you letting us down.Don't feel like you have to add more pressure to yourself because of this challenge--it's just supposed to be a fun way to get in some extra exercise, not a matter of life and death. If you need somebody else on the team to pick up some extra exercises for you so we can still get the points, but you can get a few minutes to yourself to sit down and relax, let us know... I'm sure anybody would be willing to pitch in.

And about the weekend lbs you gained... it happens. You'll lose them again soon and then some, so no need to be too upset. I still think you've come a long way and are doing a great job.
  • ou8aslug
    Options
    i would just LOVE to be a part of a challenge on this forum - any ideas of another ongoing? Looks like you guys are doing great!!
  • tagrady
    Options
    I am here. I am dedicated to the team. I do not want to let any of you down. I do not want to let ME down.

Don't worry about it, Karin... we are not worried about you letting us down.Don't feel like you have to add more pressure to yourself because of this challenge--it's just supposed to be a fun way to get in some extra exercise, not a matter of life and death. If you need somebody else on the team to pick up some extra exercises for you so we can still get the points, but you can get a few minutes to yourself to sit down and relax, let us know... I'm sure anybody would be willing to pitch in.

And about the weekend lbs you gained... it happens. You'll lose them again soon and then some, so no need to be too upset. I still think you've come a long way and are doing a great job.

Great advice! Karin I hope you take it to heart, because it's all true! This is a life change that doesn't happen overnight, and doesn't happen when we want it to! we still have to deal with work, and kids, and LIFE!

The bearwalks are horrible, they hurt my hands too, i've been doing them down the hall.

I've looked on the forum for Gary's team, and they are all weighing in on Sunday. Looks like they sent him the starting weight, then are sending him another weight this Sunday, so that is what we'll do.

If you've been giving me a friday weight, that's fine...you still can as long as we're consistant. Just please send me your "friday" weight on Sunday with your excercise count.

Also if some of you want to do a Wednesday weight, that's fine as well. Just give me that weight on Sunday as well.

We've been going for a solid month, weighing in every week, so if we missed last sunday, that's no skin off our back since those points will just add to this week's total.

I know some people already sent me their weights, i've logged them and if you want me to use those on Sunday, just let me know :smile:

Time to make this simple:bigsmile:

GO SKINNY"S!

~Your Captain.
  • tagrady
    Options
    Lastly,

I don't know why I was so confused about the challenges going Wed to Wed, because they don't. I'm sorry if my confusion, confused you guys even more.

Sunday is still rest day. Apparently I just did the challenges in the wrong order. Day 1 is monday, Day 2 Tuesday and so on.

Apparently when the new excercises came out last thursday, i skipped forward to the new challenge excercises, and didn't do the end of last week. So i'm now doing last week this week to correct the imbalance.

I don't know why that happened, i'm not loosing my mind I promise! I'll get it together!!! Labor day REALLY DID throw me off!