Need some ideas please?

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
My dd suffers from terrible anxiety; she's turning 28 in Sept, and I want to put together a nice care package for her. She lives across the states :( and I haven't see her since Christmas, probably won't see her til Christmas again.
Anyways, if anyone has any ideas of what I could put in there, to help with anxiety, make her laugh, whatever....I sure could use some help. :blush: Thanks!!

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Different herbal teas, a gift certificate/card for Netflix (or whichever streaming service she uses), weighted blanket, eye mask/sleeping mask, a subscription box for her fav store/product type, a certificate for one spa day a month, a month's access to a service like BetterHelp...

The list can go on and on but Mommy knows best. Whatever you pick, she'll appreciate.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    My mom got me some art stuff. It depends on what she likes. I think regular phone calls would be best.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    worry stone

• Lavender sachet from etsy
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Aw you’re so sweet 😢
    Some moms are the best.

Personally, I’d want candles... Lemon Lavender by yankee and Essential oil diffuser, to zen out my room.

And a bunch of bath stuff...bath bombs, bubbles, ect.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Hey, I'm 35 and my parents still send me weird boxes of stuff.

Does she have a favorite food she can't easily access there? A bread or confectionery you make that she really enjoys?
    • Relaxing scented candles, bath bombs, or incense.
    • A small hobby kit for her to try out.
    • A favorite candy.
    • Teas or small bags of gourmet coffee.
    • A hand written letter.
    • A small gift card to an online store she likes (so she doesn't have to worry about coronavirus or stupid people in the stores).
    • A mixtape/CD of songs that remind you of each other.
    • Something handmade by you.
    • A cat! (Well, no.. that would be bad to send in the mail.. maybe a stuffed animal?)
    • Something with her favorite animal on it.
    • A rubber ducky and bath stuff.
    • A nice, relaxing facial mask or some other luxurious (but mailable) treat to try out.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    13374.jpeg
  • atty2de
    atty2de Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2020
    Buddha Board. Look for it on amazon and elsewhere. You paint with water and the image slowly, gently disappears. Then you do it again.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    A picture of yourself doing something goofy would be a fun thing to add and she could laugh at it whenever she needed to. I still treasure a picture my mom sent me of herself in a caftan and cowboy hat playing with a hand fan. I keep it on my fridge and mom's been gone for 25 years. It just makes me smile.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    atty2de wrote: »
    Buddha Board. Look for it on amazon and elsewhere. You paint with water and the image slowly, gently disappears. Then you do it again.

My mom actually got me this early quarantine! It’s cute.
  • ReenieHJ
    Awww, thanks so much everybody! This is why I love this place. :blush: Cat things, candles, art things, soaps/oils, all those ideas are right 'up her alley' and I have some other ideas from the lists that intrigue me(grape jelly? That'd make her chuckle :)). Thanks again!

*going to check out Buddha Boards now, never heard of them.
  • ReenieHJ
    Many thanks again :) Making a list to go shopping tomorrow, there's a small town 20 miles away that has all kinds of fun specialty stores and I should be able to pick up some of those items mentioned. :)
    I ordered 2 of the Buddha Boards, one for my dd and one for my sister, hoping she'll have fun with it and maybe even get her dh to interact with it as well.
  • gaz44444
    gaz44444 Posts: 34 Member
    An online meditation or mindfulness course. Something she can learn skills and practice them. I can recommend one in Australia called MIndfulness Based Stress Reduction run by Openground.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    A weighted blanket helped my kiddo dramatically. I got one for myself, I have been sleeping so much better.

My mom bought me one when I was in treatments. I LOVE it!