Ladies how do you cope with your diet when on your monthly?

Options
2»

Replies

• dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I recently came across this YouTuber by the name Beatrice Caruso. In a video of her's, she explains that whilst on her monthly she allows herself to eat up to maintenance calories for that week. I personally find this to be a pretty healthy approach and it helps curb her ravenous appetite during that time as well to have all those extra calories.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I recently came across this YouTuber by the name Beatrice Caruso. In a video of her's, she explains that whilst on her monthly she allows herself to eat up to maintenance calories for that week. I personally find this to be a pretty healthy approach and it helps curb her ravenous appetite during that time as well to have all those extra calories.

This what I do. Sometimes I feel like it's never ending hunger, but I figure if my body needs it, it needs it. A few days at maintenance won't do any harm. I would also normally do some sort of exercise (although building this back up since a pelvic fracture, so not at my "normal" levels), as this helps to alleviate the cramps.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    This time is a new type of annoying. Normally I hold onto more water. No problem. I know this. This time it somehow seems to coincide with a massive whoosh, and I didn't. Instead my blood pressure is super low due to this. So I'm not feeling very well, and I can't do some mild exercising because of my blood pressure. Sigh! Can I have the water weight back?
  • julie0benner
    julie0benner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    amart4224 wrote: »
    I have a huge appetite the day before my period starts, and mostly I just try not to have anything in the house that would derail me completely if I ate too much of it.

Last month the junkiest things I had were cottage cheese and cinnamon chex cereal, and just in that one day I ate the whole container of cottage cheese and at least 2-3 cups of the dry cereal, plus some regular meals. I didn't beat myself up over it and it didn't slow my weight loss, so I must've made up the calories somewhere else.

Me too!