Can someone help me build a workout plan for fat loss?

Options
Hi,

So I have no clue how to structure or what to follow as workout plan for fat loss. I have so much fat in my abdomen area and I know you can't spot reduce-just thought to point it out there to give you an idea of my body type. For the most part, for strength training I know how to do most exercises.

I tried to look up plans to follow online and youtube but there is just so many, I am not sure what is effective in order for me to lose fat, I am ensuring that my diet is good, now its just working out. Due to covid, I am working out at home, I have a treadmill-- I would rather follow a youtube video than use it though--, resistance bands, dumbbells, jump rope, so I'm okay for equipment (if you feel like I need more feel free to mention it).

Can someone please suggest a plan to follow (ex: 2 times a week cardio, 3 times strength- with specific exercises). I really did think of seeing a personal trainer but its to expensive. I also feel like because of how much fat I have on my body that while I need to do a combo of both types of exercise, I would also need to put in a lot of time for cardio, what do you think?

I also personally thought of following this: https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Weight-Loss-Workout-Plan-44850174?stream_view=1#photo-44850200

Thanks!

Replies

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Weight (fat) loss is down to eating in a calorie deficit, any kind of exercise is going to make you burn more calories than you would if you sat around all day.

Personally I wouldn't overcomplicate things, especially if you're just starting. I'd just do whatever you find enjoyable that gets you moving, honestly, because that's the workouts you're gonna find easiest to stay consistent with.
    For what it's worth - since the lockdown I've been working out at home following youtube videos with some resistance bands, adjustable dumbbells and a workout mat - doing a mix of cardio, strength and basic yoga and I've had decent results (personally not going for much weight loss, just trying to improve my fitness levels/body fat %)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Since there is only eating less than you burn to accomplish that goal, ignore workouts that claim to cause fat loss.

Use something better.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

3 x weekly full body. Several programs there using equipment you got.
    If still time afterwards, then some hard as you care for it to be cardio.
    At least get to eat more on those days.

Then the recovery days nice walk or easy cardio of something else. Get to eat a tad more at least, unless you just have a lot of time to give to it.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    xwho06jgn8cb.png