Do you eat burned calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't eat enough and I know that so please understand I know where you are coming from
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Staying healthy and getting a balanced diet are most important. Any adverse physical symptoms are an indication that you are not achieving that. Please be careful not to spiral down into negative habits.
    Eat back a proportion of your excersize calories. I add around 2 thirds of whatever calories my app says I have burned, to MFP diary, then eat as many of those as I need, to feel full.
    I don't add all of the calories logged as I find they are not 100% accurate.
    Good luck and be kind to yourself.
  • sakurablossoms82
    sakurablossoms82 Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If you have bulimia using MFP is not a good idea as it will be a huge trigger for you. I suggest you quit using MFP for time being and seek professional help to deal with your bulimia first. One step at a time. Don't be to hard on yourself by making yourself crazy with this app when it's already hard enough to deal with bulimia on its own.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you want long term success, eat as much as you can while still losing weight. You want to maintain as much muscle as possible while you lose. It will have nicer aesthetic look, but it will also be more sustainable. You gained it slowly, you should lose it slowly. People gain it back because they make drastic lifestyle changes they will never be able to keep up.
  • lizanna13
    lizanna13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer told me to eat a quarter back but I was in pretty good shape at that point and my motivation was at max. Maybe try 50% then drop it down.
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    On a perfect day, no. But every day isn’t perfect. That being said I eat WAY more than enough calories for my body to sustain with or with out moderate exercise
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine medium rare but I have eaten some burned calories...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1840cals a day while also doing an hour on the treadmill and recently started doing the Chloe Ting 4 week program.

I burn around 300-500cals 6 days a week
    But I don't track them on MFP cause I didn't want to be tempted to re-eat the calories.
    The last week I've been struggling with not binging, which usually happens when I'm not eating enough or feel too restricted.
    So I'm not really sure what to do.
    I stopped counting my exercise cause I felt concerned eating over 2k cals a day.
    But I'm also worried I'm not eating enough now and causing myself to binge eat.

Absolutely.

I'm spending the time working out to improve my body, and enjoy what I'm doing.

If I didn't my workouts would just suck, and I'd be wasting my time really because they couldn't have the positive effect when done that way. And rarely enjoyable in that state too.

I think you need to stop working out so much.
    Sounds like you are doing it for the purpose of burning calories and that's it.
    That's causing a problem, because you are doing exactly the same thing as undereating with bulimia - only the numbers are higher, that's all.
    You are doing the same thing, no way around it.

Pick a few workouts that will change your body for a real reason beyond just wanting to burn calories, and make them enjoyable. And only do them 3 x weekly at start.
    And be realistic with calorie burn - I'm doubting your workouts are that good and intense with undereating too much.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I used to, but now I don't count them. It's simpler.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If your hair falls out, that is an IMMEDIATE sign that you need to eat MORE.

Also, for the love of god woman EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES BACK. Your hair is falling out because you aren’t eating enough and you need to eat more. Also, see a professional about the bulemia.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I used to, but now I don't count them. It's simpler.

Simpler? That's not a very descriptive or helpful answer without more info.

How did you calculate your calories to be certain you have a calorie deficit? I mean, one way or the other you either eat the exercise calories or factor them in by using a TDEE calculator. Myfitnesspal just gives me more control, but I'd have to eat them one way or the other unless I was obese or only doing small amounts of exercise.

My body starts having problems when I'm under-fed. It took a couple months, but I could tell when I wasn't eating enough.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, other times I do not. Just kinda depends if I'm hungry or not.