200 pound down today!

alligatorob
alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
This morning I weighed 160 pounds for the first time in over 50 years. It sure feels good.

About 10 years ago I was at 360 pounds, and about a year and a half ago 320. I started my current diet at 320 and am now down to my goal and in maintenance. MFP has been a great help, I have gotten a lot of support here.

I did it by reducing my calorie intake and tracking closely here. I found foods I like that fill me up without many calories (veggies and fruit) and have started exercising. I did not follow any particular diet and no drugs or surgery involved. On the surface its simple, burn more calories than you eat. In practice it is hard to do.

I am open to anyone who has questions or wants to be friends. And I am sure I will need more help and support with my maintenance.

Replies

• sunpatients777
    sunpatients777 Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!!
  • Bravo! ;)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    All I got is WOW :) Congratulations for creating a healthier you!!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Wonderful! Congratulations to you, I'll bet you feel AWESOME. That's pretty much what I'm doing too - only I don't want to deal with all the sugar in fruit so I limit that and try to get a little extra protein. You're living proof though - it really does work! Now on to the wonderful world of maintenance and I wish you the best in it.
  • LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    This morning I weighed 160 pounds for the first time in over 50 years. It sure feels good.

About 10 years ago I was at 360 pounds, and about a year and a half ago 320. I started my current diet at 320 and am now down to my goal and in maintenance. MFP has been a great help, I have gotten a lot of support here.

I did it by reducing my calorie intake and tracking closely here. I found foods I like that fill me up without many calories (veggies and fruit) and have started exercising. I did not follow any particular diet and no drugs or surgery involved. On the surface its simple, burn more calories than you eat. In practice it is hard to do.

I am open to anyone who has questions or wants to be friends. And I am sure I will need more help and support with my maintenance.

Congratulations to you!!
  • jdpatrick01
    jdpatrick01 Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing success! You are really inspirational and hearing how the community has helped you makes my day.

Also in case you didn't know, we have a section of the forums dedicated to people in maintenance - I thought you might want to check that out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/goal-maintaining-weight
  • How wonderful! Congratulations! :)
  • JFKoskey
    JFKoskey Posts: 5 Member
    OMG!! Great job!! Two Hundred pounds is an AWESOME achievement! Good for you and I bet it feels great! Congratulations!
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 333 Member
    What an inspiring story! Congratulations on your hard work.
  • ryandotdee
    ryandotdee Posts: 2 Member
    Well done
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Well done: I hope you are really proud of your achievement!
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Congratulations and Bravo!!!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    You prove it can be done. Thank you for sharing. It’s great to hear it was through consistency and finding what works for you. And MFP! 🤣
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Amazing job!! You definitely help motivate me to keep going!
  • Yukon_Jack
    Yukon_Jack Posts: 19 Member
    Great job, very inspirational for a lot of us!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Mega respect.
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Congratulations! I admire & respect the work you've put in to lose 200#. That's exactly what I'm trying to do, go from 372# to 172#. In 7 months I've lost 90#. I'm sending you a friend request. Maybe some of your smarts about this will transfer to me.
  • smithsusan961
    smithsusan961 Posts: 64 Member
    Fantastic accomplishment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!