Suggestions of how to use nonfat plain yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Srevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, and frozen strawberries.
    Stevia and sugar free fat free instant pudding mix (dry). Favorites are cheesecake, white chocolate, and pistachio.
    Stevia, vanilla extract, and frozen blueberries.
    Stevia, PB Fit, and sea salt.

Also as a substitute for sour cream or mayo..

I eat 7 large tubs a week...1 a day. Half is breakfast and the other half is my after dinner snack.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    Also google freezing yoghurt. Apparently you can.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use plain yogurt as a substitute in any recipe that calls for sour cream. I don't even notice a difference.

I make a quick stroganoff that I use yogurt in all the time.

1 Lb ground turkey or ground beef (I use turkey)
    1 onion
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

Sautee the onion and ground meat until cooked (dain any fat if using ground beef).
    Add the can of soup
    Add 1 cup yogurt
    Sir to combine. Season to taste. I like to add a little lemon pepper to individual servings. Serve over egg noodles.

You can also add a drained can of kidney beans if you want to bulk up the recipe a bit.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I dethaw some frozen berries in the microwave. I don't drain the water/juice from the bowl. Then I mix in approximately a half cup of plain yogurt, and a tiny bit of honey.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I just eat it...usually with some blueberries or something.

This. I also like it as a side with an omelet -- I get it on the omelet -- or in any use I'd use sour cream for (no fat is best for that).

When I make smoothies I often use it (I don't like protein powder) to add protein.

Oh, and for a dessert I like it mixed with nut butter, but the calories can add up fast, so be careful with that one.
  • denisedsouza
    denisedsouza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I mix in a tablespoon or so of plain yogurt at the end of cooking to take the heat out of curries. My husband likes em hot, me not so much.
  • gabriellayang314
    gabriellayang314 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mix with peanut butter and it goes great with apples- get fage and you can use it to replace sour cream- blue berries and honey sweeten it a bit.