Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Creating Recipe Question

missylinny
missylinny Posts: 3 Member
Hi!
I'm returning to MyFitnessPal and trying to recall all the options. Is there a place to create a recipe that will give me the nutritional values?
Thanks!!

Replies

• mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    I use this site and it works well enough for what interests me:
    https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076
  • Following.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I use the MFP recipe builder. It is under the Food tab in the website, and under the Recipes, Meals & Foods listing in the app menu.

A few notes about how I use it...

I weigh my final product, and use the weight in grams as the # of servings. So if my chili weighs 3500g, I set my # of servings to 3500. Then if I eat 345g, I log 345 servings.

I'll remake the same recipe, but typically the ingredients are not identical. Such as I may use a little more or less of some ingredients. So then I go back in and edit the prior recipe.

I try to be descriptive in my title. Such as I may name it Chili w 85/15 ground beef. Then if the next time I use ground turkey, then I know I need to delete the ground beef from the recipe and enter in ground turkey.